50$ Bankroll Strategy Help

• nikasvan
      nikasvan
      Bronze
      Hi I Deposited 50$ on Pokerstars 2 Weeks ago. I Started Playing 1.50$ single table sit&go s. In 2 Days I was up 10$ (I played 1 table at a time).On third day I was down 10$ and after that I have been hesitating between 40 and 60 dollars.After two weeks of play I observed my game and found out that whenever i was down 10$ I jumped to 3.50$ sit&go s and recovered from that.What do you think what should i do should I switch to 3.50 games or keep playing and improving 1.50$? Or Should I try something else??? Any advice?
  • 5 replies
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      stay in 1.50$ if youre a begginer youll useally end broke there
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      hi,
      i assume you're a beginner

stay in the $1.50's

the rake is bad but forget about any monetary considerations, be prepared to lose your entire bankroll, not due to any fault of your own, but just variance

work on your game, study, be a proven winner at 1-tabling before trying multi-tabling, work your way up to 2-4 then 6-8 tables (depends on your poker goals eg recreational or serious player)

by this time you should have well over 1000 games, then review results, this is not even a big enough sample, absolute minimum in fact (ok 200 games will tell you if you're winner or loser but to have confidence in results 1000 is minimum)

apply strict BRM, i repeat, apply strict BRM

sorry i typed this up very fast, i left some stuff out, but thats a good start

get SNG Wizard, post hands, study (depending on poker goals)
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      First of all, hello :D

Upping the stakes to recover losses is a losing formula, this coming from the king of the 1 month upswing, 2 month downswing, go broke, repeat.

And it all usually starts with $50.

So if you are losing in a session, perhaps take a break for an hour or so,or for the day, and come back when you feel fresh.

Any poker variant has it's swings, and $50 is not alot to cover those when your playing with 20-40BI.

So, now the advice:
      PLAY SUPER TIGHT and you will be ahead in most of the hands you play.
      Study push fold and steal spots for stt's.

Study the game as much as you can, post hands and ask the hard questions(did I spazz out here?, how do I beat spazzes here...)

Read alot of strat and watch videos, repeat until you've applied the ideas to your game to see if they fit your style.

Try a Buy-in or two at a different game that interests you, because the main idea is to have fun. Winning is fun, but I remember at the beginning, just playing was soo much fun and learning how to win even moreso. I didn't even mind playing free-rolls for 6-8hours and if you can keep some of that spark, you'll learn alot.

Apply atleast one of these and you'll already be better than me. :f_biggrin:
      GL at the tables!!!
    • nikasvan
      nikasvan
      Bronze
      thanks really helpful;) I'll get absolutely get SitNGo Wizard thanks for advice
    • nikasvan
      nikasvan
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice Good luck to u too :s_biggrin: