[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom KQo

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.45 (122.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.11 (105.5 bb)
      BB: $0.79 (39.5 bb)
      UTG: $3.71 (185.5 bb)
      MP: $1.37 (68.5 bb)
      CO: $1.85 (92.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, CO folds, BTN calls $0.02, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.08) J 6 K (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.20) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.11, BTN raises to $0.26, Hero calls $0.15

River: ($0.72) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.36, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.72 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: J 6 K J 6
      BTN mucked and won $0.69 ($0.35 net)
      Hero mucked K Q and lost (-$0.34 net)

PF: Should I have raised to eliminate those limpers? I'm not confident playing OOP thus did not raise. If it's that case, maybe should have just folded?

As played, I feel there are other holdings in his range like FD and QT or weaker Kx. Thus I plan to call his raise on the turn and reevaluate on River depending on his bet size.

On river, even a 6x beats me now, and even though it's a 1/2 pot bet I folded.

Not sure what was the best way to play? I was thinking if I called on the Turn and if River doesn't complete any draws, I would have called his River bet as it would be a leak to call Turn and not call blank River?

But on another case, NL2 tend to be passive with draws thus when Villain raises me on turn he actually has some credibility for a Jx hand?
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cheekopeh
      PF: Should I have raised to eliminate those limpers? I'm not confident playing OOP thus did not raise. If it's that case, maybe should have just folded?
      yeah, raise preflop, about 12 cents and get that practice so that you can be more confident in the future :P folding is quite weak.
      as played flop is fine.

As played, I feel there are other holdings in his range like FD and QT or weaker Kx. Thus I plan to call his raise on the turn and reevaluate on River depending on his bet size.
      nah, not really, just fold the turn to his raise. you'll see Jx a bit too often.
      if he wanted to semibluff with QT or flushdraw he would just raise the flop, not when the board pairs. :P

On river, even a 6x beats me now, and even though it's a 1/2 pot bet I folded.

Not sure what was the best way to play? I was thinking if I called on the Turn and if River doesn't complete any draws, I would have called his River bet as it would be a leak to call Turn and not call blank River?

But on another case, NL2 tend to be passive with draws thus when Villain raises me on turn he actually has some credibility for a Jx hand?
      well yeah, that's all true.
      if you call the turn assuming that he has enough of semibluffs then you also have to call the river.
      the fact that the 6 pairs doesn't really matter since he won't be raising you on the turn with 6x.

however that is outweighed by the fact that this is not a line that people take very often with semibluffs, and he limped preflop which may be an indication that he's passive. he most likely has the Jx.
      in that light, though, it's clear that calling the turn is a mistake, since when a pretty good card comes (relative blank) we still have to fold anyway.