My first thoughts and impressions on HEM2

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

I just bought HEM2 yesterday and so far have uses it for 2 sessions. First of all I loved HEM1 and thought it was 100x better than PT, and at the moment I think I love HEM1 1000x better than HEM2. For me so far HEM2 has been slow, clunky, complicated, non responsive, tilt inducing. So far it has randomly shut down like 3 times, the live pot odds (which is 1 of the main reasons I bought HEM2) freezers consistently while playing Zoom and I have no idea how the Tournament tab works, because so far it thinks that I have not cashed in a single MTT and I have cashed in at least 12.

So I am very unimpressed it feels like you have tried to reinvent the wheel for no reason, if I could get my money back for it I would. Hopefully it improves for me.

Regards,
      BigAl
  • 5 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      It's like what Microsoft did to Office (and a lot of other programs) in about 2010, the old version was fine but they changed the whole layout for no apparent reason. The new layout is no better, just different.

I don't doubt that it has some better features but when we've all learned to use HM1, why make it different and eye-cripplingly ugly?

I can't really speak for the performance because I only got the trial and hardly used it because it looked like a lot of effort for no reward
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      It looks like you just bought it and didn't use the trial at all, is that true? If that is true then :facepalm: There are like millions posts around pokerstrategy to try the HEM2 trial first as many people are not happy with it
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Yer I did not get a free trial, I already used as free trial for HEM1 so I dont know if I could get 1 for HEM2.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      The HM2 trial has nothing to do with HM1, so it should have been no problem to try HM2.

About your problems: how many hands do you have in your database.
      In the beginning Notecaddy is building his data in the background but this should be completed after some time.
      Which type of computer are you using?
      Random shutdowns: where exactly do you get them. Did you send us the log files?

Zoom / Pot Odds: this should work without problems. Which Stars client are you using? English Lobby?
      Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

Tourneys: are you importing the additional summaries? Stars writes separate tourney summaries which you need to import into HM:
      http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/441/Poker+Stars+Tournament+Summary+Setup

For older tourneys you have to request the summaries (in english!) manually: Pokerstars > Requests > Tournament Histories...
      and import the data from the mail: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      The HM2 trial has nothing to do with HM1, so it should have been no problem to try HM2. Yer I probs should of checked this out so my bad.

About your problems: how many hands do you have in your database. I have 89k CG hand not sure hown many MTT and SNG hands, gonna say alot more and my database is 1314MBs

In the beginning Notecaddy is building his data in the background but this should be completed after some time. Yep seems faster now

Which type of computer are you using?
      Random shutdowns: where exactly do you get them. Did you send us the log files? Windows XP thats about all I know

Zoom / Pot Odds: this should work without problems. Which Stars client are you using? English Lobby? I am still haveing problems with this...it works perfectly in normal CG tables and MTTs but zooms it seems to still freze after a while this include street by street hud aswell.

Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones? I use Nortons

Tourneys: are you importing the additional summaries? Stars writes separate tourney summaries which you need to import into HM:
      http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/441/Poker+Stars+Tournament+Summary+Setup

For older tourneys you have to request the summaries (in english!) manually: Pokerstars > Requests > Tournament Histories...
      and import the data from the mail: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

Yer got all the stars MTT, but still not overly satisfied with Tournaments Tab in HEM2
      Ok after over week I like it alot more, as I said the Tournament tab still bugs me but meh, I was failry harsh but as the title says it was first inpression. I have certainly calmed a bit, but the pot odds and street by street hud not working 100% anoys me abit.

edit: also started useing default theam instead of dark 1... so much better.