MP raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) Q J 5 (2 players)
      MP bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 7 (2 players)
      MP bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75

River: ($20.25) 4 (2 players)
      MP bets $14.50, Hero folds

Anon table.

MP is a reg, looked solid so far. On the river I only beat pure bluff, and board ran out quite bad for triple-barreling (which I dont even know he is capable or not), plus MP range is stronger in the first place.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

What do you mean by ran quite bad for triple-barreling? Most of the draws missed and calling the turn for make a laydown on the river wouldn't make much of sense either. Whilst he is representing rather small range which he has you beat, do you even see betting AQ or such type of hands for value like that?

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      So you mean, that with no further stats/reads folding turn, or calling turn AND blank river are both good option?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      So you mean, that with no further stats/reads folding turn, or calling turn AND blank river are both good option?
      What I mean is that we should be start to think already on the flop what's our hand purpose. Cause clearly going for call flop & turn wont end up with huge profit whilst those guys are capable of 3barreling even with missed hands. Aka our calling range on the flop/turn is very weak, any strong hand would have raised to protect.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      What I mean is that we should be start to think already on the flop what's our hand purpose. Cause clearly going for call flop & turn wont end up with huge profit whilst those guys are capable of 3barreling even with missed hands. Aka our calling range on the flop/turn is very weak, any strong hand would have raised to protect.
      You fold the turn?

Or

You call down?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      You fold the turn?

Or

You call down?

How I would obviously see him. I just have the word reg from Hero so hard to say what I would exactly do in that spot. Might call down, might fold -> everything is possible.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Yeah, thanks, I didnt really think about that... I would have raised all monsters by the turn at latest, so with such a capped range a good player could barrel my ass off in this spot... :)

cool image btw :f_cool: :D