Flop: ($4.25, 2 players) 2:spade: 3:club: 2:club:
      UTG bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.25, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      UTG bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50

River: ($25.25, 2 players) K:spade:
      UTG bets $20.00, fold

Villain is 23/19, ag f 2.6, ag fr 55%, wtsd 22%, 180 hands good reg
      This hand is tippical exseple off me beeing unable to beat nl 50 players
      I struggle to find a right plan, so i need your help Veritz.
      I just have feeling that i am getting run over by their aggression and i am facing huge downswing as well ( ev -50$ and money acctualy -740$ thats my ev line , more than 14 Bi lower than expected value in all inn situations) so nothing seems to be going well on nl 50 for me.
      My thought process on this hand is:
      He is utg so preflop 3 bet isnt good ill call for set value .
      Flop: It is to tight to fold on this board texture ,ill call and see how he reacts on turn
      Turn : still i prefer call over fold he can have flush draws + overs or big over pair
      River: realy dont like K and his makeing huge almost pot size bet so my options are 1) fold -safest and most likely best
      2) turn my hand to a bluff and shove ( but he might think that i am playing busted draw this way and i cannot rep much so it isnt good imo)
      And i just cant see what to do to fight back i guess its part off down swing as well couse i always get some midiocre hands and face 3 barrell or when i am pfa i hit tp and constantly get raised and i never can get big hand like set or fl, streith it seams like freqency off big holdings are 1/10 in villains favor( every set i have ill play against 10 sets).
      So please help me to find a plan and beat nl 50 ( i climbe from nl2 and i am stuck here for now )
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dzikson999,

Do you have any information on his barreling tendency as from flop - river? Even though the sample isn't that huge we can still take into account early barrels.

Raising the river is out of question cause you are rarely making any made hands to fold and he is kinda committed to Call you. Nor he ain't bluffing that many PPs as JJ/QQ which wouldn't Bet this amount. Any other hand which bets this amount you have beat as well with just Calling.

Though do we beat much what he is 3barreling here? There are actually enough of Kx combos which he would be doing that and therefore I don't really like the river-card and rather would lay down without any specific information. Though from his sizing we could read that he is rather trying to gain the maximized fold equity with such a sizing to make you fold exactly the hand you have. Therefore depends also on the opponent and how I saw him and how he saw us or what dynamics we had, if I had a good reason to think that he is rather bluffing this amount and using the K as a scare-card then I might even call-down.

About sticking the the limit that's common cause there are some limits which you might be playing for longer. Especially if you having some specific leaks in your game which making you lose money or making you not win enough of bb/100. For example from the hands I have saw I'd expect that you can get easily frustrated if you running bad. Aka this also causes you make stupid mistakes and maybe bad call-downs, bad bluffs and start to spew. It might not only be stuck in your game but also in mind-set which also needs to be trained. Try to find some sweat session buddy with whom you could share thoughts and check each other game.

Best Regards.