[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 ATs 19-10-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $2.84 (142 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.11 (105.5 bb)
      BB: $1.03 (51.5 bb)
      MP1: $0.97 (48.5 bb)
      MP2: $1.03 (51.5 bb)
      MP3: $0.44 (22 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T A
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.12) 7 Q 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, BB calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.30) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB raises to $0.88 and is all-in, Hero folds

Wasn't sure wether to cbet here, his calling range is rather tight as well contains 77-99 KQs,QTs+,QJo
      Wrong villain to cbet unless I hit the board, me thinks... but as I betted I had kinda thought I had to fire turn, he could perhaps put me on a draw, his shove indicated he had something strong atleast, maybe sets or the flush dno, my hand to weak to continue...

Villain:
  • 4 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hey Resilience, do you have his fold to steal stat/3bet steal?

He seems very tight. I think the relatively low to cbet might be because he is many times with an overpair, or second pair and he stays to see a turn (what about fold to turn cbet, or any more info to see if he gives up?).

Anyway, independently of that, I think given he has not a high fold to cbet and he has such a tight range, I might just give up on the flop unless I picked up something good like a nice draw, etc., in particular oop.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze

ty, for your time here are some stats for you.
      I'm not that advanced into these stats yet, I'm first beginning to have stats on ppl now, usually I've been more reading up on the pfr/vpip wts agro, etc.
      I appreciate your time to help me, I seem to need it alot lately :)

There are no real stats to use from turn as I can see it two occurrances where he called turn cbet. rest is blank :)
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      No problem. I find it very useful myself to put to test my opinions and spots I also find tricky :) And posting problem hands is great, because it means you know where you are having problems. I find it tricky when I go through periods when I know I need help but not sure with what, lol.

There are not many hands in the sample, but he doesn't seem to have a huge fold to steal as I thought he might. It makes it trickier, but still, I would probably play it very safely on that flop with that hand and give up pretty quickly v. him. I would just say to myself: I wanted to steal that blind and possibly find myself with a good situation on the flop, but that didn't happen this time. He is not fond of folding on the flop -> Check/fold :D

I'd love to see what Veriz thinks. This is the kind of situations where I find it tricky too :f_confused:

(Btw, if I did want to stay, for some reason (say, you know he is just barreling with any two, that kind of thing, and you have some idea of how much he is ready to charge you to a river) then I might go check/call line. But only if I think I have showdown value with my hand. Oh, and most probably I would prefer to have two overcards to the board...Versus him though...he seems to have a pretty strong range (even when he might be calling wider on the BB), and being in OOP just makes it so difficult...)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

This board is very bad to CB, whilst too many hands continue and you rather have little equity once get called. Instead go for a Check/Fold.

Best Regards.