[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR All-in with QQ VS Reraise

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Silly number of QQ losses on PF all-ins in the last 2,500 hands make me hate getting them. I play it the same way anyway to try and stop myself Tilting at all. Folding is becoming very tempting though as soon as i even see the cards though... I feel if i get to showdown unimproved i will lose the hand.

Wahoo two cards that i want to see show that almost certainly won't!

So i decided to post this QQ hand to try and get it out of my system, and also to ask two questions;

Q1; I have Two, Re-raisers here. How does this affect my decision (If at all with QQ)

Q2; Bigstack makes a big raise outside of Shortstack territory, BUT playing SSS am i allowed to take this for this player pushing big due to having the nuts? (AA or mayb KK)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.00, BB folds, MP2 raises to $7.00, Hero raises to $2.06 (All-In), SB folds.

Flop: ($11.16) K:spade: , 2:spade: , 3:club:
      Turn: ($11.16) J:diamond:
      River: ($11.16) 9:heart:

Final Pot: $11.16

I reraise according to SHC, to $1.20 which then gets reraised. According to SHC i should now go in with any odds. Howecer, MP2 then reraises again so i have 2 reraisers to my reraise. Do i still go all-in?

I think MP2 has AA or KK because he makes a strong move with a bigger stack, but i "Think" i should be in the pot according to SSS....

Cheers for reading - To You - From Me!
  • 8 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i never shove QQ pre-flop with 40bb+ after a raise
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      OOps,you're right dekuip
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Backcushion
      If you raise 1.20,that's more then half of your stack,it means you have to shove preflop.
      His stack is $3.26, I don't see $1.20 is being half of that ;)

Preflop raise to $1.20 was good, after those reraises you get prefect odds to call all-in with your queens.

I see you're often getting in trouble after doubling up, or at least have much more than 25BB.
      Maybe it's a good idea to play only AA/KK until you're more confident about playing these kind of hands with a bigger stack.

Also keep in mind that people can push everything on NL10. Your queens are good enough to go broke with.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      oops made the wrong calculations :D
    • SPlayer18
      SPlayer18
      Black
      you get more then 1:3, if you thik he could have sometimes AK so its an instacall imo, nh
      Bronze
      Hi DaPhunk,

one question: is your stack really 3.26 or 2.06? I think what converter says is your overall stack. In this situation you could've pushed it directly after one raise with QQ. Also easy push against reraise (if you decide to just bet 1.2). QQ's good enough to provide nice equity here.

Nice one.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks for the help.

Yes i had just doubled up in this situation so my stack was 3.26 and i was waiting for the end of the orbit to leave the table.

I may stop waiting for the end of the orbit because there is nothing quite as demotivating as losing when you've just gone up. :)
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Yeah, I felt it a few times. Thats why I'm gone as soon as I'm over 25BB, I don't care for the orbit any more...