Bad bb per 100 in BB

• Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Ok, so I have played about 40k hands on 24h poker on nl10. I have looked trough my positional bb per 100 and things look pretty much fine, other then in the big blind. I am so far losing 64 bb per 100 hands in big blind. This is atrocious and I need to stop this leak. Give me tips, ranges, what to 3bet, what to call against what type of opponents. I am also looking for videos on this, as 24h is super late with strategy points and I cant rly watch anything on pokerstrategy. Thanks for any tips guys. i realize that my sample is pretty small but still I feel like it cant be just variance, so I wann improve in this area ASAP. Thanks a bunch smile
  • 6 replies
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      ahah" no worries mate.
      dont have much time now so gna come back to you later but just in case you go suicidal, im gna tell you this:
      WITH A -65bb/100 FROM BB YOU ARE MAKING MAAAANIES.

the winrate is indeed calculated the following way: as you put 1bb in the BB, you LOOSE 1bb every hand. so a break even winrate is -100bb/100!
      meaning: if you were to fold EVERY BB you would turn up with a winrate of -100bb/100. every player looses from the blinds. even the fkn world class players. so you are currently playing profitably when you decide to play a hand from this position.

think it can be improved tho. not sure about what is a good winrate from this position. will look into it.

Ben
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      I know this, but rly good players get it up to minus 20, so I can improve it for sure.
    • pechkin85
      pechkin85
      Gold
      in order to lose 100bb/100 your enemies need to steal every of time they can and you need to fold aces aswell, which wont ever happen ofc.
      3bet AJ+ KQ+ TT+ and you should be fine i guess.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Moved the thread to the no limit forums. If you read this thread you'll know why. The other forum is for midstackes players and no questions about winrates. It's no problem though, just saying.

Anyways it is a bad WR in the BB. Either you are folding a lot of hands or you are playing to many hands in the BB.

I don't know if you are playing FR or SH. That also makes a difference.

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • johny8984
      johny8984
      Bronze
      just checked my stats mine show

-0.11bb per hand over 2208 hands from the bb on micro stakes zoom fr but i make sure i fight for my blinds and people generally give their hand up

(made an edit to include the minus sign)
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i play NL10 speed, just checked my winrate: -35.09BB/100

i dont think i do anything out of line, like 3betting like a maniac or anything... 3B from BB: 6.6, 3bet steal: 9.2

about ranges:

against normal players i tend to flat hands like 66-99, some broadways that are mostly ahead of his stealing range but not good enough to 3bet for value if he decides to call IP, like, KQ,KTs,QJs etc.. + some suited connectors that play well, like 78s+

against good players i 3bet polarized, value hands like TT+,AQ+, other hands like 22-55, Axs, and from time to time some trash hands like 64s etc
      ofc against someone who has a FT3b like 85+ i 3bet a lot more.

my 4bet/c BB range is pretty much value hands, QQ+, AK, and against aggro squeezers i 4bet/f hands like KQ, sometimes Ax..

hope it helps a little