[NL20-NL50] NL25FR Zoom: KK vs donk on 3suited turn

• HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Hi,

on the turn, the only flush in his range is AhQh, so i thought it might be just a bluff. Good call?
      On the river i would have folded if he bets somewhat >1/2 pot. Would that have been OK or inconsistent w/ my turn decission?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.50)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($25) [ 17 / 13 / 2.6 /27 (250h)]
      UTG+1 ($24.35)
      UTG+2 ($43.99)
      Hero ($25.25)
      MP2 ($14.25)
      CO ($36.34)
      BTN ($20.03)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:heart:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.25, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.85) J:heart: T:club: 6:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG calls $3.50

TURN ($11.85) J:heart: T:club: 6:heart: 7:heart:

UTG bets $5, Hero calls $5

RIVER ($21.85) J:heart: T:club: 6:heart: 7:heart: 2:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero checks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HughJazz82,

Preflop: I'd still 3bet it a bit bigger, clearly vs UTG range I don't see any reason why you would want him to get correct set-mining odds.

As played
      Postflop: How many worse hands pay you even there on the flop? Though as played on the turn as you Bet the flop for value we can't fold directly on the turn.

I'd rather be willing to Check the flop whilst I don't see that many hands which pay us nor we wont get the stacks in being vs worse.

Best Regards.
    • HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      hi veriz,

interesting thoughts for the flop. How would u play K:diamond: K:club: of A:diamond: A:club: then? Would u bet these because villain has more flush draws in his range?

And if u check behind here, would u then start betting the turn if a blank pops up and villain checks? The argument that villain won't call with a lot worse hands is still true, but i don't see myself checking kings down here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HughJazz82
      hi veriz,

interesting thoughts for the flop. How would u play K:diamond: K:club: of A:diamond: A:club: then? Would u bet these because villain has more flush draws in his range?

And if u check behind here, would u then start betting the turn if a blank pops up and villain checks? The argument that villain won't call with a lot worse hands is still true, but i don't see myself checking kings down here.
      I wouldn't play much differently the other overpairs cause practically then you going to have even less equity. I'd tend to more inclined to Bet with the in it than without. At least once you get called you still have have backdoor equity.

Yeah, I'd start stabbing on the turn and whereby we might also get more looser callers by then as even on river we could pick the value-bet. Aka we don't really need to bet just from the flop cause we ain't getting stacks in with a lot worse.