BTN: $2.60
      SB: $2.07
      Hero (BB): $2.23
      UTG: $7.46
      MP: $0.89
      CO: $2.13

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, BTN calls $0.13

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 4:spade: A:club: 8:club:
      Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.77, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38

River: ($1.53, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.84 and is all-in, Hero?

PF: Bet in order to protect my hand as it is very likely I'm ahead.

F: I'm still very likely to be ahead, could get a weaker A to call me, maybe TT+ or possible flush draw. Could bet maybe a little bigger ($0.25) though.

T: I'm not very confident get value from too many weaker aces here so I turn my hand into a bit of a bluff-catcher (though it's unlikely villain has many hands to turn into a bluff here, possibly TT+ which didn't fold to flop bet?).

Think I shouldn't give up initiative when I've got the best hand. It is easier to react to my opponent when he 2-bets me rather than letting him bet.

R: Seems very strong but I've shown great weakness, this is why I shouldn't give up initiative.
  • 3 replies
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Definitely think you should be betting the turn there, he's on the button so you are at ahead of his range.

IMO he'll make it blindingly obviously if he hit trips on the turn. He could also be calling the flop in order to float.

Remember it's easier for him to bluff bet then to bluff raise.

I think you have to call the river, the odds are pretty good.

Any stats on villian?
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      I hate it when guys just overbet shove like this after such a small bet on the turn. I think you have to call this. He could be doing this with like AJs, ATs type hands maybe even like angry QQ or JJ. plus the missed flush draw type hands that he overbet bluffs maybe. I wouldn't be too happy about it but i would call
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raknyo,

Bet the flop a bit bigger and also Bet the turn instead of turning hand into bluff-catcher. You could easily even get value from worse.

Though if you turning your hand into bluff-catcher then should also know the action on the river. :)

Best Regards.