This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] K5o – Loose Blind-Steal / Top Pair no Kicker vs. Tight Opponent Donk-Bet

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $2.79
      SB: $2.15 Very Tight
      BB: $1.02 Tight
      UTG: $1.20
      MP: $2.00
      CO: $1.76

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:club: 5:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13, 2 players) 3:heart: K:spade: 6:spade:
      BB bets $0.10, ?

PF: Both the blinds are very tight so I decide to raise K5o for the fold equity, both pre-flop and post-flop. Should I stick to suited Ks or is this OK against TAGs?

F: Villain donks which usually indicates weakness, he likely has a pair or some sort or a draw as is trying to take the pot down. If he has better then he'd probably opt for a check/raise on this type of board.

I could call and see what he does on turn but to avoid tricky situations it's probably best to try and take the pot down with a raise?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raknyo,

We at the best could be playing here way ahead/behind and reevaluate the turn. Raising might be too much over-valuing our hand. Especially if he is tight there ain't that many worse hands which he calls.

Best Regards.