This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 9Jo – Top Pair Multi-way Pot vs. Weak Action

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.00
      SB: $1.94
      Hero (BB): $2.00
      UTG: $2.27
      MP: $1.93
      CO: $0.82

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 9:club: J:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.24, 4 players) 5:club: 9:diamond: 8:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.47, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.30, 2 players) 2:spade:
      SB checks, Hero?

PF: I couldn't resist for the pot odds.

F: I plan to straight up fold against a bet but BTN looks so weak that I assume I have the best hand so bet, would that have been the correct bet sizing to use or a little bigger?

T: When SB calls I put him most likely on a draw as the board is very wet so I should bet to protect myself. If I bet .85 then I only have .62 behind, should I go all-in or leave the extra behind me?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raknyo,

Preflop: Fold those hands preflop to avoid complications! ;)

As played
      Postflop: Good example. ;) Where overplaying hand. Instead of Check/Raising Bet yourself and protect! If you are Check/Raising the flop then you can't really ask what to do, you clearly have only one line to pick.

Best Regards.