[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - unknown vill 3barrel

• 6 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Without any info on Villain I'd just ch/fold flop, we know that one cbet wont be enough most of the time, and it's not the best spot to barrel someone totally unknown for two/three streets.

If we'd know at least he's some kind of reg, I'd like your line a lot more. But if he does some handreading, and not very weak who just folds when sees bets, he could call us down quite light here, as we rep a very narrow range... QQ+/Qx/5x/77/99

River bet could be a bit bigger, at least 5-5,5$.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

3barrel line is pretty close here cause your SB stealing range is super-wide and with smaller bets you may also expect to see loose call-downs as some PP and even 9x hands which are time to time possible him floating. I'd also head towards a bit bigger on the river than give him good direct calling odds. Don't really see how he could fold his pairs there vs your line. :P

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So the verdict is that check/fold flop is better than barrel? :P ty :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      It's either a Check on the flop and reevaluate the further actions or we at least plan to 2barrel, most likely 3barrel. That depends on the dynamics and etc stuff, which obviously I have no idea what you had there. :P
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      It's either a Check on the flop and reevaluate the further actions or we at least plan to 2barrel, most likely 3barrel. That depends on the dynamics and etc stuff, which obviously I have no idea what you had there. :P
      No history between us. What do you do vs unknown? Safe approach and ch/f or being aggro?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      No history between us. What do you do vs unknown? Safe approach and ch/f or being aggro?
      As said once again, both options are viable. Depends hero's play-style and so on. :) Can be CB, can be Check/Folded and even can be picked other lines.

You are really looking for lines where are always 100% the same but you just wont find that in poker. Especailly in those spots where actually you can pick different lines here. Not just oh he is unknown then I do this but vs even unknown you can do both here.