This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - unknown vill 3barrel

• 6 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Without any info on Villain I'd just ch/fold flop, we know that one cbet wont be enough most of the time, and it's not the best spot to barrel someone totally unknown for two/three streets.

If we'd know at least he's some kind of reg, I'd like your line a lot more. But if he does some handreading, and not very weak who just folds when sees bets, he could call us down quite light here, as we rep a very narrow range... QQ+/Qx/5x/77/99

River bet could be a bit bigger, at least 5-5,5$.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

3barrel line is pretty close here cause your SB stealing range is super-wide and with smaller bets you may also expect to see loose call-downs as some PP and even 9x hands which are time to time possible him floating. I'd also head towards a bit bigger on the river than give him good direct calling odds. Don't really see how he could fold his pairs there vs your line. :P

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So the verdict is that check/fold flop is better than barrel? :P ty :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      It's either a Check on the flop and reevaluate the further actions or we at least plan to 2barrel, most likely 3barrel. That depends on the dynamics and etc stuff, which obviously I have no idea what you had there. :P
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      It's either a Check on the flop and reevaluate the further actions or we at least plan to 2barrel, most likely 3barrel. That depends on the dynamics and etc stuff, which obviously I have no idea what you had there. :P
      No history between us. What do you do vs unknown? Safe approach and ch/f or being aggro?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      No history between us. What do you do vs unknown? Safe approach and ch/f or being aggro?
      As said once again, both options are viable. Depends hero's play-style and so on. :) Can be CB, can be Check/Folded and even can be picked other lines.

You are really looking for lines where are always 100% the same but you just wont find that in poker. Especailly in those spots where actually you can pick different lines here. Not just oh he is unknown then I do this but vs even unknown you can do both here.