[NL2-NL10] NL5SH Zoom - KK - b/f flop?

• muel294
      Villain is unknown

I think the flop smashes villains 3b/calling range here. I also think that I should b/f the flop here even with my straight draw:

1) villain can have AK/TT/JJ/QQ
      2) I might chop a lot of A's and have reverse implieds with any 9 (vs AK)
      3) There aren't that many hands I beat that will call a bet especially since I block some KQ combo's since I hold KK. ( although I guess that this is an arguement for b/c with my draw with good implieds since he is less likely to have a broadway straight draw as a result of this)
      4) I think QX or any other hand I beat will call but not raise
      5) I am OOP therefore I may not be able to get the correct implieds for a call

As played I decided to play WAWB at the time because I didn't want to have to b/f my hand and I figure I am either already ahead of QX/smaller pairs or way behind sets and straights.

In hindsight I still think that there is a need to protect my hand and extract value and also I am OOP so this line is probably not profitable.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $8.45
      SB: $5.09
      Hero (BB): $5.00
      UTG: $9.56
      MP: $3.60
      CO: $13.25

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.10, CO raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, CO calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.12, 2 players) J:heart: T:spade: Q:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.65, Hero calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.42, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($5.42, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.00, fold

Hero wins $5.20
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello muel294,

Flop is already kinda bad for us whilst it hits hardly his 4bet-calling range. As you pointed out yourself. We might not even have implied odds and therefore I might even be towards just Check/Folding instead vs bigger Bet.

Best Regards.