Doubt about a standard situation in small blind

• jmm88
      i have a doubt with a standard situation in the Small blind:

You have Q2o(or any garbage), you are in the small blind, level of blinds are 10/20 to 30/60, and everyone folds to you.

What do you do?

Im asking this, because i want to know if its mathematical correct limping here, because the odds are 3:1, but the blinds are really small, so, i dont know if it is
      -ev or +ev, in the long run.
  • 5 replies
    • MatejM47
      Its not +EV to limp. Your OOP with out initiative and with a crappy hand. Thats not a way to make money.

Its either a raise if you think his folding enough or a fold.
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      raise or fold.

BB cannot fold if you limp.
      With garbage you cannot call if he raises, because then you would be trying to play garbage OOP.

Don't be tempted to limp AA. No. Don't Just don't.

Against an unknown you need to find out how BB reacts.
      Steal raise first-in as long as he keeps folding.

Then tighten up, and fold a few crap hands then start in again.
      If you get a lot of resistance, tighten up until you can 4Bet.
    • Skraggy
      Both answers above are on the money - would just like to add that with experience comes confidence in your post flop play(I'm not saying you're not experienced or that your post flop is anything but amazing) but that combined with it being against an unknown makes raising alot of the time good. Just don't overdo it lol

edit : the answer also will vary based on what you are playing(cash, tourney, sng, PLO500 etc :P )

edit again : it's 4am and I just realised where you posted this in the forum so I'm an idiot
    • jmm88
      Thank for you replies guys.

Yes i want to clear that doubt, because, sometimes you hear people saying:
      "the odds are 3:1, or 4:1, so, i have to call with any two cards"

What happen if i dont have garbage?
      like: A3s, J10s, Qjo, etc, its correct to limp here, in these levels?
    • jmm88

You are right , i dont have so much confidence in my game postflop, i think maybe the odds are right, but because of the negative implied odds of being out of position, is -ev.

But its correct to steal in these levels of bilnds(10/20 to 30/60)?