Shoving Dynamics

• Michael2345
      Michael2345
      Basic
      Hi, I am looking to work on my end game push/fold decisions. Could some players and coaches please help with the different dynamics that occur as you near the end of a tournament. For example if you are in push/fold mode and everyone else is short stacked as well or if there's some small stacks and big stacks when is it right to tighten up in attempts to eliminate a player and try and move up the pay scale. Any help for the matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi Michael and welcome back :)

The end game push or fold system is quite similar to your previous decision making. The only big difference is that you have to take ICM into account.
      You may find further information on ICM in this article:
      Independent Chip Modell

I can furthermore recommend the ICM Trainer that is available for free in our software corner:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/7/

It will give you a good impression of what is right and what is wrong in late game (especially final table).
      Attention: This tool was made for SNG's - therefore it is just a nice practise - but you will have to adept a bit when playing MTT's.

I hope I was able to help you. If you need further information or have more questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban