[NL20-NL50] NL20 98s UTG

• Lucker9200
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $20.27 (101.4 bb)
      MP: $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $12.89 (64.5 bb)
      BTN: $10.09 (50.4 bb)
      SB: $20.28 (101.4 bb)
      BB: $18.01 (90.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8 9
      5 folds

I tend to raise sc 87s-QJs from UTG on tight passive tables where ppl behind me generally have stats like 20/15 with 3-4 3bet% and/or when there is fish in the blinds and I expect to often play against him IP and the idea is to a) widen my UTG range in order to steal blinds more often, have more deceptive hands vs decent opps, play more hands vs the fishes IP (maybe later they are used to balance otherwise strong 11-12% UTG oR)
      Q:What other reasons there are to oR SC?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Lucker9200,

Why would you take into account only preflop play? It's very important that you also understand postflop play and against what kind of opponents you are and how does the profit come.

In those spots it's not really about preflop play cause it clearly ain't the question but rather is the question how to play postflop, where to CB, against whom to CB, which equity hands to CB, which made hands to CB, etc. If you having leaks there and wasting too much money with CBetting or not CBetting enough, CBetting in wrong spots then clearly the place where you losing money is postflop.

Connectors can be raised up but at the same time here clearly isn't the best spot to do whilst having 2 loose guys sitting IP against us who don't even have a full stack.

Best Regards.