[NL20-NL50] nl20 SH, QQ

• DrDunne
      villain is a reg: 20/14 over 592 hands. AF = 2.8, WTSD = 24% and W$SD = 53

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

DrDunne (UTG) ($23.65) 118bb
      UTG+1 ($33.73) 169bb
      CO ($48.48) 242bb
      BTN ($20) 100bb
      SB ($20) 100bb
      BB ($23.08) 115bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) DrDunne is UTG Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      DrDunne raises to $0.80, 3 folds, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.60

Flop: J:heart: 4:club: A:heart: ($2.10, 3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, DrDunne checks

Turn: 2:club: ($2.10, 3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, DrDunne bets $1.60, SB raises to $4.40, BB folds, DrDunne calls $2.80

River: 10:heart: ($9.30, 2 players)
      SB bets $8.90, DrDunne folds

Final Pot: $18.20

SB wins $19.54 (net +$5.54)

BB lost $0.60
      DrDunne lost $3.60

i found this river decision really tough. when he calls preflop he reps pairs 22-TT maybe 22-JJ. i doubt he calls OOP with Axs vs my UTG open while he can't be sure the hand will make it multiway like it did. BB i expect to have some SCs and Axs along with PPs 22-JJ also.

i don't think he check/raises the turn with Ax because he probably stabs for value & protection on the turn himself rather than miss his opportunity and risk a check behind and free river. same with sets because it's multiway at the turn and he shouldn't risk slowplaying his set and a flush hitting the river. by check/raising he could do this with a flush draw but im not exactly sure if he has these sorts of hands in his preflop calling range.

i thought i would call the turn and re-evaluate the river.. then he snap bets the river big. my line is pretty weak and it just looks like he's trying to push me out of the hand.. his river aggression is pretty low but still small sample for that sort of stat.. so i folded anyway.

wondering if i should have turned my hand into a bluffcatcher? or what should i have done differently?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

You are showing weakness with your own line as well whilst FD would CB the flop and also the same for Ax and any strong hand. So no wonder if he is bluffing against you. Though he can't represent that much either whilst FD most likely would have Bet the turn himself and any sets would bet river smaller. So therefore it might be one of the spots to catch his bluffs here.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      do you think i could have played it any other way on flop/turn? i don't really see any other options because betting doesn't get value from weaker hands especially while multiway..