This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, KTo, BB steal to SB opencomplete

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , K:club:
      7 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) 2:heart: , K:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero raises to $4,25 (All-In), SB calls $2,75.

Turn: ($10,00) Q:heart:
      River: ($10,00) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $10,00

I know this is not a true made hand, but I think TPMK should be enough in HU when fighting for blinds....
  • 4 replies
    • SPlayer18
      SPlayer18
      Black
      if you raise his complete, do it 4 BB, since he got 2:1 to call and if you hit TP on a drawheavyboard you go broke for sure
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPlayer18
      if you raise his complete, do it 4 BB, since he got 2:1 to call and if you hit TP on a drawheavyboard you go broke for sure
      Not the normal 5BB?
      I'm not sure if I would go broke when Villain makes a potsized donkbet on the flop here. Folding probably is a lot cheaper in most cases :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Originally posted by SPlayer18
      Not the normal 5BB?
      I'm not sure if I would go broke when Villain makes a potsized donkbet on the flop here. Folding probably is a lot cheaper in most cases :)
      On NL25 3BB bets work just fine for me, specially because I steal very loose, and I would hardly imagine higher FE with additional BB than I already have. Villains really fold a lot even with 2:1 odds.

The other thing is I think potsized bet is pretty standard on a drawy board and I don't think it should represent anything special here, so I think TP should be just fine.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Totally agree with 3BB raise in "SB open completes" situation. The reasons are obvious. On micro limits players do it fairly often, so I believe we can get more value by stealing smaller, but with wider range. If you raise 5BB, you are committing yourself, so your range should be obviously tighter.