[NL2-NL10] NL25, KTo, BB steal to SB opencomplete

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , K:club:
      7 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) 2:heart: , K:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero raises to $4,25 (All-In), SB calls $2,75.

Turn: ($10,00) Q:heart:
      River: ($10,00) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $10,00

I know this is not a true made hand, but I think TPMK should be enough in HU when fighting for blinds....
  • 4 replies
    • SPlayer18
      SPlayer18
      Black
      if you raise his complete, do it 4 BB, since he got 2:1 to call and if you hit TP on a drawheavyboard you go broke for sure
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPlayer18
      if you raise his complete, do it 4 BB, since he got 2:1 to call and if you hit TP on a drawheavyboard you go broke for sure
      Not the normal 5BB?
      I'm not sure if I would go broke when Villain makes a potsized donkbet on the flop here. Folding probably is a lot cheaper in most cases :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Originally posted by SPlayer18
      Not the normal 5BB?
      I'm not sure if I would go broke when Villain makes a potsized donkbet on the flop here. Folding probably is a lot cheaper in most cases :)
      On NL25 3BB bets work just fine for me, specially because I steal very loose, and I would hardly imagine higher FE with additional BB than I already have. Villains really fold a lot even with 2:1 odds.

The other thing is I think potsized bet is pretty standard on a drawy board and I don't think it should represent anything special here, so I think TP should be just fine.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Totally agree with 3BB raise in "SB open completes" situation. The reasons are obvious. On micro limits players do it fairly often, so I believe we can get more value by stealing smaller, but with wider range. If you raise 5BB, you are committing yourself, so your range should be obviously tighter.