$5.64
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $0.98
      MP3:
      $4.86

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, J.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 9, Q, J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.34) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.22.

River: ($1.22) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.74, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.22.

Raise flop/ fold turn?
  • 3 replies
    • Tidway442
      Tidway442
      Bronze
      The SB has donked bet you here a sign that either he has a) hit and betting for value or b) semi-bluffing with a flush draw c) bluffing with air or underpairs

Once he has donked you need to put him on a range. KTo/KhTh could call preflop as could 10 8o giving villian a straight. JT, JhKh, 9 10 could have called PF giving him a pair and a gutshot/OESD. Any suited/one gap heart connectors could call preflop. Of course he could have even called with 22-88. You've not mentioned anything about villian (stats, habits etc) but I don't think a straight would donk you here, more likely he would be worried you'd fold and check hoping for a cbet. A second or third pair and a gutshot would donk as would an under pair and of course any 2 hearts.

Against this range you are ahead on the flop and I would be inclined to raise on the flop to charge villian if he is drawing to a flush or a straight and for value since you are likely ahead.

Your bet on the turn is ok. SB has donked and then checked to you so you're likely ahead and can bet for value. However once he raises you should fold. The most likely scenario is that he donked with a flush draw and has hit and was checking for deception. You're also not getting the right implied odds to call his raise and draw to a full house. You have 4 outs (two 9s and two Js) and the pot is $1 and you need to call $0.22. Thats odds of 4.55:1 you on the other hand need 11:1. You would need to make $1.42 on the river to make this a correct call. This would be larger than the pot and unlikely to happen. Even if you think you are ahead now there are so many river cards that would be scary to you and another bet from your opponent on the river if one of these cards hit would mean you would need to fold.
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      Thanks Tidway ! :f_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think raising flop would give you most information and also get called by worse hands. So I like raise/fold flop. On the turn I would rather take b/f line, since his c/r range are stronger than your two pair hand

best regards,