Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

CO: $79.70 (159.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $3.13 (6.3 bb)
      BB: $60.72 (121.4 bb)
      UTG: $51.75 (103.5 bb)
      MP: $51 (102 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $2.88 and is all-in, BB raises to $10, CO folds, Hero ???

BB was unknown, looked reggish, something like 20/18 after ~20 hands, no 3/4bets so far. As we had only few hands together, I dont think I had any kind of image in his mind beside being a reg.

Could he 4bet lighter because the fish is in the pot with some dead money? Only QQ+/AK?, Or JJ+/AK? Against that I have the odds to go broke...
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

His range is still clearly going to be stronger here. Doubt that he is willing to do that with pure air. Also with JJ the case is that he is still capable even flatting whilst he gets pretty decent odds for it.

Rather what is also important is how villain saw us? How often we have been 3betting and according to that we could also base the actions either to shove looser or tighter or make a fold. Cause clearly we going to see the hand anyways.

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Rather what is also important is how villain saw us? How often we have been 3betting and according to that we could also base the actions either to shove looser or tighter or make a fold. Cause clearly we going to see the hand anyways.

I made one 3bet bluff before which he could see, in the orbit before this one, but no other dynamics/image I guess.

I tanked a lot about this one, but without strong reasoning to go broke I opted for the safe play and folded, I thought he could easily have QQ+/AK range here, and as you wrote, I will see his hand anyway... :) I saw... It was TT... :)