This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 66 – Gaining Maximum Value from Trips

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.48
      Hero (SB): $3.72
      BB: $3.84
      UTG: $4.62
      MP: $5.58
      CO: $1.74

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 6:spade: 6:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.24, 3 players) 5:club: 6:heart: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.24, 3 players) Q:club:
      Hero bets $0.16, BB raises to $0.43, BTN calls $0.43, Hero raises to $1.30, BB calls $0.87, BTN calls $0.87

River: ($4.14, 3 players) 4:diamond:
      [color=red]Hero bets $x?

PF: Standard call for set value.

F: Only strong draw on the board is 78, 34, so I figure it's OK for me to slowplay.

T: Unfortunately, no one bets so I decide I better start building a pot now and I'm faced with a raise. The only hand I'm behind against is TT since it is unlikely for either opponent to play QQ this way. The board is offering a lot of draws so I decide it best to 3-bet. I'd put the BB on {QT, AQo, 55} and the BU on {AQo or some type of broadway draw}.

R: I have $2.34 remaining in my stack, BB has more than me and BU has around $1 while the pot is $4. Not sure whether I should I just shove the rest in or try to get less, say $1.25, because I look so strong with my line on the previous street.

Questions:
      How big should I have made the 3-bet on the turn?
      How big should I value bet on river?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since c/r seems too strong 3-way I would prefer leading flop. On the turn I would make at least 1.5$ and then would shove any river
      As played: river shove is fine, since one of them should have strong enough hand to go showdown (two pair)

best regards,