This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH bottom set on monotone board

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($29.75)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($9.93)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB raises to $1, fold, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.10) 9:diamond: A:diamond: T:diamond:

[color=red]SB checks, Hero bets $1.60, SB raises to $5, Hero ?

Villian is:

22/21/9.6
      67%cb
      0.8AF

Might be a bit lose, but called pre for set value. When he checks flop bet for value/protection.

Given his x/r size and stacks never folding in this spot... So what worse hands can he have? AKdx? Can I fold here?

Should I make flop sizing smaller?
      And should I fold pre until we get deeper?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Easy shove. very likely AxKd would take the same line and you´re really at bad shape if he has there AA or TT. Also you can sometimes see there ATs hand that has 4 outs to improve.

best regards,
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

Easy shove. very likely AxKd would take the same line and you´re really at bad shape if he has there AA or TT. Also you can sometimes see there ATs hand that has 4 outs to improve.

best regards,
      But aren't we way behind against AA/KxKd/TT/AxKd? like 65/35

And does villain 3b mp opens oop w/AT?

Or am I just trying to level myself into folding lol...
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      You are still ahead :)

If you think he might 3bet TT+ KQs AKo, and he would shove TT, AA/ KK QQ JJ AKo with a diamond then you are slightly better than a coinflip, getting 50.7% equity.

Your worst case would be that he doesn't have KQs in his preflop 3bet range, and he doesn't shove QQ/JJ with a diamond. In that case, you are getting 47% equity.

Given that you are getting better odds than this, it would still be a shove.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisClick

If you think he might 3bet TT+ KQs AKo, and he would shove TT, AA/ KK QQ JJ AKo with a diamond then you are slightly better than a coinflip, getting 50.7% equity.

Your worst case would be that he doesn't have KQs in his preflop 3bet range, and he doesn't shove QQ/JJ with a diamond. In that case, you are getting 47% equity.

+1
      I also think it is very rare situation when you are against higher set or made flush, so I would also recommend shoving there for value. For example if board was 9cTdAd you would not really b/f your set the same situation.

best regards,
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Originally posted by MisClick

+1
      I also think it is very rare situation when you are against higher set or made flush, so I would also recommend shoving there for value. For example if board was 9cTdAd you would not really b/f your set the same situation.

best regards,
      Good points. He showed up w/TT so guess I'm being too results orientated and levelling into thinking b/f is better

Cheers!
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I kept thinking about this hand, lol.

It all boils down to: is he 3betting AKo pre from the SB? If he doesn't, then the worse case scenario AA,TT,KK with a diamond (super nitty). In that case, you are getting 3:1...you can take a look at this 3bet oop, however, I think it is safe to assume you are not v. that kind of player as his 3bet is large enough already :D and in that case 3betting AKo from the sb seems to be included in his range.