[NL20-NL50] FR NL50 K3s 4bet vs 3bet from bu

• ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $72.03 (144.1 bb)
      SB: $78.35 (156.7 bb)
      BB: $170.26 (340.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $20.66 (41.3 bb)
      UTG+2: $51.38 (102.8 bb)
      MP1: $15.75 (31.5 bb)
      MP2: $34.18 (68.4 bb)
      MP3: $51.60 (103.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $89.30 (178.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2 K
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BTN raises to $4.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $9.50, BTN calls $5

Flop: ($19.75) T 8 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $11, Hero calls $11

Turn: ($41.75) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($41.75) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $51.53 and is all-in, Hero calls $51.53

2k hand
      18 13
      3bet in bu vs co 14(28)
      wtsd 24 w$sd 56
      af 3 3 6
      afq 35 28 39

pf : this guy 3bets a lot in bu, so i just 4bet him. Is it good to do this with 150bb?
      flop: standard check call. Cant make any worse hands call and he wouldnt bluff his JJ QQ
      turn: check/fold if he bets again?
      river: standard call? he should have bet turn if he has a hand to avoid a over push otr
  • 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Why did you open so loose preflop? Especially when you know that BTN is such an avid 3bettor?

4bet is definitely an option, but sizing is way too small, especially being this deep. You will get called a lot, and this is not what you want with K2s...

Postflop betting doesnt accomplish much, so I agree with ch/calling once on the flop.
      I'd ch/fold river though. Why would it be standard to ch/call overbet AI with a bluffcatcher?
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Why did you open so loose preflop?
      always raise these hands in co and bu,especially in these fr games where players r really tight and dunt know how to protect their blinds

Especially when you know that BTN is such an avid 3bettor?
      the plan is to 4bet if get raised by such a guy
      if hes aggressive,the way i handle this is to be more aggressive,dunt really wanna be weak against these guys

4bet is definitely an option, but sizing is way too small, especially being this deep. You will get called a lot, and this is not what you want with K2s...
      agree , should have made it like 10 or 11 something

Why would it be standard to ch/call overbet AI with a bluffcatcher?
      imo,with AK TT 88, he definitely should bet turn like 18 or 20
      then shove the rest 31 while the pot became like 80
      if he does it like this every time,its a big waste of his value hands cuz he cant get called a lot
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by ttjjboy
      Especially when you know that BTN is such an avid 3bettor?
      the plan is to 4bet if get raised by such a guy
      if hes aggressive,the way i handle this is to be more aggressive,dunt really wanna be weak against these guys
      My strategy would be to tighten up a bit in the first place, and be more agressive against his wider 3bet range.

But if you tend to play 3bet/4bet pots against them oop, and also go deep in the hand postflop with your weak holdings, then they are outplaying you.
      From their part it's a reasonable strategy to be very aggro preflop in position, because it's relatively cheap and creates a loose image, and when the opponent is pushed out of his comfort zone, then it's time to play big pots with strong hands... :)
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I'd also tighten up and loosen up 4bet-range, but I'd never 4bet with anything that trashy.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ttjjboy,

Great when your browser crashed just before you want to make a big post. :f_biggrin: Here we go again.

Preflop: If he even 3bets loose then your 4bet size has a huge leak cause he practically gets very good odds to Call vs you. Should head towards much bigger one. Also what you should pay attention on is the fold to 4bet/5bet stats which will tell the story how much profit we will even earn with the 4bet.

As played
      Postflop: Even if his play doesn't make sense, his W$SD should actually talk more about him. He is very pick with what hands he goes to showdown and also has 2k hands which is a decent sample. So therefore I can't see that many bluffs on the river unless you really had some crazy dynamics going on with him.

Though Check/Call flop is pretty standard. With his Check-behind he may easily just want to induce you Betting yourself and then feel committed or even try to bluff him.

Best Regards.