Fun Live Hand Analysis- 10d6d, Your thoughts??

• sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Ok, So I'm playing in the €60 Turbo Side event @ the IPO this weekend, and a Belgian guy gets seated on my left.. We have some history, he has raised me the last two times I opened and I've folded and he has also shown down 6/8o for a turned 2pair, 2/3o for a flopped straight and called a guys All-In with 7/6s on a Q85 board.. Anyway, he limps into my big blind and I check it deciding he can have any two but when the board runs out as it does I decide to get stubborn and make a play at the pot, and this is how the hand plays out :

Hero= BB with 10 :diamond: 6 :diamond:
      PF: UTG Calls 300, MP3 Calls 300, SB Calls 150, BB Checks.

Flop: Q :heart: 8 :heart: 8 :spade:
      BB Bets 450, UTG Raises 900, Fold, Fold, BB Raise to 2100, UTG Calls

Turn: 4 :heart:
      BB Bets 5500, UTG tanks for like 4mins and calls.

River: 2 :spade:

BB has 8.5k behind
      BB : ????????????????

What do you do now in this spot??

Sabo :club:
  • 15 replies
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Well I'm c/f on the flop against 3 oponents with ~no equity.

Originally posted by sabo999
      River: 2 :spade:

UTG has 8.5k behind
      UTG : ????????????????

What do you do now in this spot??
      Check/folding. If he called a guys all-in with 76 on a Q85 board than he doesn't seem like the folding type. Pot is 16+k, his stack is 8,5k. I don't know what he could fold there.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Whoooops, BB actually has 8.5k behind, I'll edit first post!

It doesn't change a whole lot, but I thought it was just an interesting hand!
      I thought the 4 of hearts was a good bluff card, but didn't no wheter to shove the river or not, I think the shove can get him off alot of his Qx range! and medium pairs :-/

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      super easy flop c/f multiway with negative equity

anyway when he tanks the turn he knows that you are likely to fire the river and probably has made his mind to call you down there.
      so i doubt you get the necessary foldequity on the river, he will not like it but he will call
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      super easy flop c/f multiway with negative equity
      Oh, you edited to c/f! Good. When I read that "super easy c/r" that you had written before I was like: WTF is he talking about? lol.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      LOL yeah, i am like hungover sometimes

then i have trouble using the preview button so i have to actually reply and then proofread the answer :facepalm:
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      do you not think the meta game plays a big part? i.e. the hands he has showed down so far + the fact that EVERYONE re-raises paired boards nowadays ?

I thought it was a gr8 hand for analysis, as did 4/5 players i talked to about it, and everyone agreed the river decision wasnt a clear cut one.!

SabO :club:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      he looks like a crazy fish. do you think he has a solid opinion about raises on paired boards?
      and isn't everything you said exactly reasons as for why you shouldn't bluff him?

anyway well, what do you think he is getting to the river with? do you think that he tanked about 4 minutes to come to something like "i'll call turn and just cry cluelessly when he shoves the river"?
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      This is a classic example of when you look down at a 10k pot on the river, you look down at T6s and all you can do is ask yourself wtf happened?
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      pure spew spew spew.

Its a $60 Euro event not nl20K, just check and fold the flop.
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      So how did this hand actually end? Please tell me you pushed and villain snap folded face up A8 or something.
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      seeing the hand like this makes it easy

I snap fold the flop when I see a bet and a reraise and this is coming from the guy that finished 11th in the same tourney lol
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      c
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      This is a classic example of when you look down at a 10k pot on the river, you look down at T6s and all you can do is ask yourself wtf happened?

hahaha :) Exactly... i was like, ahhhhh ffs!!! ?(

YOLO!!

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zobupasts
      So how did this hand actually end? Please tell me you pushed and villain snap folded face up A8 or something.
      This!

Answer plz!
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      lol *blush* I open folded my hand on the river...

sucha fish! :f_p: