Bronze
      UTG: $0.49 (24.5 bb)
      MP: $0.60 (30 bb)
      CO: $2.18 (109 bb)
      BTN: $2.25 (112.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $1.94 (97 bb)
      BB: $1.95 (97.5 bb) (Vpip/Pfr/af/3bet%) 44/10/3.2/8

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.10, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.28) 9 3 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.64) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, BB raises to $1.65 and is all-in, Hero calls $1 and is all-in

River: ($3.92) K (2 players, 2 are all-in)

On the flop it might not be correct to cbet.I know there are flush,straight draws and pairs in his range.On the turn there's the mess!Kd strengthens his range a lot.However I bet!When I think about it now I feel that I should have check call or even better check folded.What you think??
  • 6 replies
    • mkapt
      mkapt
      Bronze
      I don't like to make a cbet here as well. He´s not folding very often.

As played, x/c is awful ott because I don´t think he bets worse hands than ours in such an ugly board. You either go x/f or b/c.

X/f is weak because he´s a fish with a wide range. At least he calls your bet with 9x, 7x, gut shots. There´s a lot to extract from him.

I believe the optimal and easiest way to play ott is to b/f something like 0.45. You extract from worse hands and can safety lay down if he raises you because he wont raise you most of the time with worse hands.

Sorry my spelling mistakes. English isn´t my first language.
    • helliaspapas
      helliaspapas
      Bronze
      Doesn't matter your point is clear.I don't like b/c so much because if he raises me as he did I don't feel there 's a part of his range that I beat.I like more b/f on the turn but bet smaller like 1/2 pot.However if he calls he can make my life difficult on the river.Something else if he bets on the flop what would you do??
    • mkapt
      mkapt
      Bronze
      Yeah, b/c is terrible because I don´t think we´re in a good shape if he shoves. You either x/f or b/f there.

I believe you meant "if he bets on the river" right?

If he calls on the turn, I give up on any river but a 9, 3 or 7 one. We won´t extract from worse hands with a 3rd barrel there.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Tricky one :f_eek:

With only the stats you give (how many hands is that sample? Fold to cbet? WTS?), I think I am probably playing it the same and calling his shove on turn. Not much I can do to get away from it. Not only I have TPTK but I have A :diamond: which is not bad.

I find hard to see what kind of player he is after the flop with those stats. In my experience players can be pretty passive pre but bad aggro post, and aggro pre/passive post-flop... I will be much looking at his fold to cbet here and some other post-flop info. For example, some players have it at standard to call any cbet once the call your attempt to steal SB v. BB. He can well have KQ/KJ that might play the same...Again, I find it pretty hard to get away on turn, and I don't see other option than to bet turn. Interested to see this hand evaluated :)
    • helliaspapas
      helliaspapas
      Bronze
      fold to cbet is 0 and WTSD is 54 the sample is rather small 76 hands.Again thank you guys for helping me.So my cbet is wrong..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it is standard c-bet spot, since you often have best hand, you can always bet with diamonds+ scary overcards like J, Q+ K/A for value.

On the turn I would bet 0.45$ and also call shove with nut flushdraw- players are bad enough to shove there worse hands and you´re often barreling that card hands that are a lot weaker- like AQ, QQ-TT, so you´re kind of top of you range.

best regards,