This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 88 hits the flop hard and then....

• helliaspapas
      helliaspapas
      Bronze
      Hero (MP): $2.11 (105.5 bb)
      CO: $1.39 (69.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.76 (38 bb)
      SB: $1.25 (62.5 bb)
      BB: $2.06 (103 bb)
      UTG: $3.97 (198.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8 8
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 2 folds, SB calls $0.06, BB folds

Flop: ($0.16) 8 2 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.40) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.06 and is all-in, Hero folds

I've got only 16 hands for sb, she's loose passive 63/6 (vpip/pfr).Do you always fold here ?I don't want to be results oriented but I still can believe what she show me..I post it just for reassurance that I didn't make a weak play..
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      raise the flop bigger! your hand is very vulnerable with a flushdraw and some straight draws showing, and these minbets are often indicative of draws, so make it $0.20 at least.

now yeah, as it went the turn is a fold. :f_biggrin: i suppose that sb showed a bluff but there just isn't anything you can do there without specific reads.
    • mkapt
      mkapt
      Bronze
      I call because I don´t think she wants us to fold just now that she got her flush. Fish players love to slowplay monster hands. I´d fear more a x/c than this lead shove.

I´d expect to see hands like pair + flush draw there. If she shows you a flush, make a note and gg.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      pair+fd is way more likely to just go with another c/c, reasoning: i have a flushdraw, i have a pair, i can be good at showdown :f_biggrin:

i would expect flushes and maybe other draws which take the scarecard, ie 87 JT and maybe some gutshots. with just the info "63/6 loose-passive" i'm folding and not feeling bad about it, these stats are obviously VERY bad and it's likely that they are thinking at level 0 until they prove otherwise. :f_biggrin: