[NL2-NL10] 10NL AQ is folding here nitish play?

• dadaas
      Got reraised and i called since i m in position and this dude is maniac.
      44/35/3, 3 bet 17, from BB 23. only 105 hands.
      He cbets 77% of the time and tcbets 75%. he bets and i m sure whatever card comes he will bet on turn as well. But flop bet is huge enough already. He can easy have me beat here or he can easy chase his luck, in both situations i m not very happy.

Please give me few advices how to act versus this players and what to do versus them...
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $10.23
      Hero (MP): $18.98
      CO: $17.45
      BTN: $9.35
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $16.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.45, 2 players) J:diamond: 6:spade: Q:spade:
      BB bets $2.30, fold
  • 3 replies
    • MisClick
      Is there any better flop you expect to see when you are calling in position with AQo? :D Also you hold the A :spade: for a back-door flush.

If he is such an aggro he is betting there flush draw, broadway draws, Jx hands, Qx hands (with worse kickers than yours), and on top of that it might be a scary flop for you, and if so far his cbets seem to work he might be betting anything he felt strong enough to 3bet pre.

I think if you are not happy to see that flop, then probably you shouldn't have called pre :( specially if you know he will be such an aggro. May be I am being a little bit crazy, but I will probably end up playing for stacks one way or another. One possibility would be to raise his cbet big (always thinking I am calling his shove). However, a better option might be to call and wait for his second barrel. Given than no draws complete I would shove over his second barrel on turn. In this case I might even go that way if a the turn comes a :spade: Not that I usually play like that, but being v. a maniac having hit like that...Of course, all this to be taken with caution and waiting for the judge advice :D
    • mkapt
      You just can´t fold on the flop once you called his 3bet. It doesnt make any sense. If you dont feel comfortable even with TPTK against him then you fold to his 3bet.

I call on the flop and call any turn but :spade: or K.
    • veriz
      Hello dadaas,

Doesn't really make sense to call his 3bet if you folding TPTK hand, even vs pot size bet. Then rather fold it preflop.

Best Regards.