[NL20-NL50] Sh50 Qq

• circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $65.49 (131 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $48 (96 bb)
      BB: $52.90 (105.8 bb)
      UTG: $44.09 (88.2 bb)
      MP: $71.21 (142.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 2 5 T (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3, MP folds

Turn: ($10.75) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.75) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $8, Hero ?

I don't 3bet pre because the original raiser is folding 80% to 3bets and I have 3 aggresive guys behind who may try to take it down.
      Villain in BB is agressive, 21/17/6/ AF=5.7/Afq river 47.
      My hand looks so much like air or a T at best. This guy is clearly able to represent a K and push me of a T or something worse. I don't think he is betting a T and I don't think he is betting a K that big, because he wants to get called by a T if I do have one. The question: is he bluffing or does he have two pair or better? KT looks like the only combo he's having here.
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      valuebet imo
      your perceived range may be weak but flop is super dry and he has enough of value combos, 55, 22, KT, T y, maybe TT, bet big for the levelz
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      I guess I should disable my call button, cause I feel like if I don't call this hand against this guy, I shouldn't ever call in holdem.

I know, levelz and all that stuff, but really, if he has something real good, what does he hope he's getting a call from, once I check back turn? Because it looks I have a T at best, maybe air.

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't automatically bet if he has a strong hand. I first try to think whether the other guy has a hand to call me with and if I think he doesn't, then I just check and decide what to to if he bets. And yes, I would value bet this river if he checks to me, because he doesn't fold a T very often. I might even consider calling a check-raise from this guy on the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello circoflax,

Whatever he has why would you level yourself in those spots? Everyone doesn't play like you do. He doesn't even have that many floats on the flop being multiway and why would he turn his made hand into bluff? As said above he may easily have T:cX or whatsoever holding, even A:c4/A:c3/A:c5.

Why not just Bet yourself on the turn and pick the sizing yourself and avoid such huge bets which will be tough to Call?

Best Regards.