[NL2-NL10] SH NL4 AKo facing 4bet preflop shove 150+bb

• lood88
      lood88
      Bronze
      Hello,

Villan is 29/21, AF 1,5, 3bet 9,6, 230 hands

I was sitting on his left on two tables. He was opening a lot and was playing very aggresive against me. 3 beted him two times, got check raised on flop. Didn't hit anything so I folded. After that I cold called two hands, called two streets and check/shoved river. He seemed irritated, was writing something in chat on some unknown language. Soon enough this hand happens:

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($1.81) 45bb
      UTG+1 ($6.86) 172bb
      Hero (CO) ($7.43) 186bb
      BTN ($2.12) 53bb
      SB ($0.90) 23bb
      BB ($9.75) 244bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is CO A:spade: K:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.52, 3 folds, UTG+1 goes all-in $6.86, Hero ???

Since I have so little hands on him, I didn't think his 4bet range was very relevant (4bet 28.6, 7,7% range), but it encouraged me to call it. Is it a bad call, considering his line and stack sizes?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lood88,

What's the reason for 3betting in first place? :) You are pretty deep so even if he has 4bet stat of such a maniac doesn't mean that he is also going broke with that range. ;) I don't really like calling here unless I assume he is a maniac who goes broke with any crappy range.

Best Regards.
    • lood88
      lood88
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

For value I guess? I don't know, that's my standard play, I 3bet AKo probably 90%. I call it when in position against reg.
      Villain was very hostile and was playing very aggressive only against me. Also, I've seen him open raising QTo from UTG. His 4bet/shove wasn't convincing to me and I think he would shove all PPs, ATs+, KJs+, QJs, AJo+, KQo so I figured I have at least flip against his range.

If I don't 3bet AK, with what should I 3bet? Or do you mean I shouldn't 3bet AK when deep?

Sorry for so much question's, I just switched to SH from FR this month. Still adjusting and have loads of questions :f_p:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lood88
      Hi veriz,

For value I guess? I don't know, that's my standard play, I 3bet AKo probably 90%. I call it when in position against reg.
      Villain was very hostile and was playing very aggressive only against me. Also, I've seen him open raising QTo from UTG. His 4bet/shove wasn't convincing to me and I think he would shove all PPs, ATs+, KJs+, QJs, AJo+, KQo so I figured I have at least flip against his range.

If I don't 3bet AK, with what should I 3bet? Or do you mean I shouldn't 3bet AK when deep?

Sorry for so much question's, I just switched to SH from FR this month. Still adjusting and have loads of questions :f_p:
      For value? So you also planning to go broke? :P

I don't get you, if you don't 3bet with AK then what should you 3bet? What do you mean by that?
    • lood88
      lood88
      Bronze
      Yes, If he 4bets I shove. As I said, I think I have flip vs his range at least. Would he go broke with range written above? I think yes. His stats tell me he's loose passive, but his play vs me is maniac alike.

I mean, should I 3bet only preimium here? I know 100bb lines differs 150+, but what exactly, that's my question? What would you 3bet here?
      Usually, I would say that calling AKo here would be classified as cold call, am I wrong? If you ask me, I think I play PP's decently vs deep stacked opponents when having 150bb's+, but rest is kinda shady to me, not sure when to raise or call.

Maybe I underestimate regs at this level, if that's the case, I would like to improve so I can crush it sooner.

Sorry for bad English and thanks for your effort!
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

I just have a question. so lets say in this spot you have lets say you have 77 or even TT, Would you set mine here or just 3Bet? Bec from what I understood from you.. your saying that since we are 3betting for value that means that we are calling a shove right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      No worries about your English, there is no problem understanding you.

But rather the problem lies here that you are expecting AK type of hand to be way too strong. You are most likely losing also money by this cause you can't 3bet and go broke being deep here. You just wont see many hands which are worse. At the BEST you going to see a coinflip if even that. Therefore can't really go broke and the plan of 3bet is to 3bet/Fold it and mainly gain money from his calls.

I just have a question. so lets say in this spot you have lets say you have 77 or even TT, Would you set mine here or just 3Bet? Bec from what I understood from you.. your saying that since we are 3betting for value that means that we are calling a shove right?

PPs play great by calling, so I would most likely just call and play postflop.