Pokerfuse news story - cards display issue

• Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Silver
      There is a disturbing story on Pokerfuse about incorrect hole cards being displayed to users of Party Poker. The gross point is that people have bet on the footing that they have strong hands, only for the cards to be 'flipped' by the software, resulting in poor hole cards being allocated at showdown.

The story declares that this has been discussed as a live issue in the German PS community, but I have not been able to trace anything on the English pages.

What goes on?
  • 4 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Glopslart,

Thank you for your feedback here.

If you don't mind I've changed the title as your title wasn't exactly correct. What's actually happening is a display issue.

I have an official statement from Party Poker regarding the matter:

Hi All,

We have conducted an extensive investigation of the reports of a handful players experiencing very rare occurrences of display issues and 1 name change instance during a game.

We can say with absolute certainty that our software is operating normally based on data supplied by the players who contacted us. This is supported by hand histories and server logs and was also verified by a 3rd party.

Players who contacted us confirmed they used some form of 3rd party software either single or multiple instances during gameplay.

This being said we will continue to investigate every instance reported to us by any player.

Thanks

Party Poker

I hope this helps.
      Ingrid
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Silver
      I am grateful for the interest shown in my inquiry. I suggest that the issue is important enough be elevated to a main 'News' page item.

Calling it a 'display' issue is, I suggest, imprecise. It is a software malfunction. Whether it is Party software at fault, or a fault in ancillary software in common use by players, the situation is still serious enough for public attention and comment.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Glopslart
      I am grateful for the interest shown in my inquiry. I suggest that the issue is important enough be elevated to a main 'News' page item.

Calling it a 'display' issue is, I suggest, imprecise. It is a software malfunction. Whether it is Party software at fault, or a fault in ancillary software in common use by players, the situation is still serious enough for public attention and comment.
      Hello again, Glopslart! :)

Thanks for further feedback.

I would like to try to explain to you why are we not proceeded in a manner suggested by you:

The bug and its seriousness was known by PartyPoker. Further pressure from the outside would not accelerate any solution. In addition, the Gibraltar gaming regulator is also involved in the case, so as to ensure that players who are affected recover their potential losses.

A public campaign against Party Poker would have brought in this case, no benefits. Even more disadvantages, because it would further weaken PartyPoker, which would mean that there is less real competition in the poker market as currently - and I see this as the real threat to date.

Moreover, it would probably also result in us not receiving any important information by PartyPoker regarding their overall strategy any more, and thus would also lose the chance to be the only "external" in general, to take positive influence there.

And the partners pay us, certainly not because we are so nice to them, but because they themselves consider the partnership worthwhile due to the fact that we have so many active players and that we generate more effective and cheaper new players for them than they themselves can do via advertising.

Ingrid
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Silver
      Ms Nagy, greetings!

Thanks for the careful explanation of the situation as you see it. I wasn't specifically intending to create hostility against Party.

However, the situation is genuinely disturbing, plus it is not generally known to the English PS community. There are probably players out there who think that they are losing their sanity, because they thought they were betting with grade A starting hands, only to see their hole cards turning to rags on the display at showdown.

I suggest people need to be told that they are not going crazy, but that there is a genuine fault.