[NL2-NL10] NL4SH - 55 - float

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: Call in order to set mine. I am also IP so I can play my hand as a semi bluff/bluff postflop ( I don't plan to just x/f un-improved every time)

Flop: I think I have the best hand here sometimes vs some like Q/K high, but sometimes villain will have a better hand that I can fold out, maybe something like 66/TT/JJ-KK, either on F or T.

I didn't see any point in raising as a bluff on the F here because:
      1) It will cost more than a float IMO
      2) I can balance my line with TP so much better by floating. (i.e what do I rep by raising? 2pr+ mostly IMO. I almost never raise any TP hand here)

I expect his MP3 o/r range to be something like:
      66+,ATs+,KQs,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,AJo+,KQo

I would only expect TP+ and good draws to barrell the turn, even against such an aggressive opponent (he seems to be a competent LAG).

Turn: Not sure whether to semi-bluff here or x/beh and try to get to showdown or hit my gutshot.

I chose to bet/fold as a semi bluff for the following reasons:
      1) I don't think I get many better pairs to fold but I might still have the best hand vs some draws (although I would expect villain to barrell all FD's / SD's) or against high card hands which still have at least 6 outs against me.
      2)I don't think my hand's drawing potential is strong enough to x/beh with, especially since it is to the idiot end.
      3) I don't have much showdown value
      4) I can x/beh or x/f R

Also, what about my bet sizing on the turn. Would you make it bigger due to board texture? I made it 1/2 as it doesn't have to work as often in order to be profitable. I don't think opp's are paying enough attention to notice any bet sizing tells if I make it 1/2 as a bluff/semi-bluff and bigger for value/protection.

Cheers

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $4.20
      BB: $1.89
      UTG: $4.73
      MP: $6.02 26/24/7/12/21/92hands - LAG?? FCB% 100% (11/11)
      CO: $5.98
      Hero (BTN): $4.04

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 5:heart: 5:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.12, fold, Hero calls $0.12, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) 9:diamond: A:club: 8:heart:
      MP bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.72, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.34, fold

Hero wins $0.69
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

really big analyze to explain why to float Axx board and bet turn if checked :)
      I think you can mix it up (just don´t overdo it, since players are also capable start c/c).
      If there was also flushdraw (especially on board Ad9d7s) you can also sometimes consider making small bluffraise, since then players expect you to raise that spot with sets, so they are usually folding weaker hands than strong Ax hands or flushdraws

On the turn I would likely make around 0.38-0.44$- basically bet size that I would make if I have there AQ- also I think he would fold KK-TT+ weaker hands that does not include flushdraw. You just have there too often Ax hands or slowplayed sets.

best regards,
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      cheers Kaitz

Sorry for the long winded analysis. I think I have some sort of disease :f_p: . I need to keep my analysis more concise.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muel294
      cheers Kaitz

Sorry for the long winded analysis. I think I have some sort of disease :f_p: . I need to keep my analysis more concise.
      long analyzes are mostly good, since that makes you better player- keep it up :)