[NL2-NL10] NL2 overpair + OESD

• gigenieks
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players

Hero (MP): $1.86
      MP+1: $3.77 VPIP 26 PFR 6 3B 0 Wts 38 (6/16) WSD 50 (3/6); 55 hands.
      CO: $2.02
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $1.77 No info, only 13 hands.
      UTG+1: $2.72

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has T:spade: T:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, MP+1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27, 3 players) 7:diamond: 9:heart: 8:club:
      UTG bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, MP+1 calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.75, 3 players) 9:club:
      UTG bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28, fold

River: ($1.31, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.25 and is all-in, fold

UTG wins $1.25

So flop is quite good, but I don't know how to proceed. I guess my reasoning for just calling was:
      "I don't want to scare of player behind me who look like loose-passive and has high WtS stat. So I will call to get pot bigger."

At the turn am even more confused... Is that a bad hand for me? Or a good one? Do I fold or 3bet now or just call? :f_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • Arhimman
      First I'd like to say I'm not any expert whatsoever but for the sake of practice I would like to share how I would have played this hand.

So the raise preflop is standard but the flop coming so coordinated I think is quite scary for you. Specially because UTG donked against you and the MP. It would be interesting to know your stats too but I would easily put him on some top pair (9x) or even a straight (he could've called your raise after MP1 called with JTs). I think a call is ok, despite the fact that the donk indicates quite some strenght.

But the turn is almost an auto-fold for me. In your case I would be hoping for a T for a set or a J to give me the straight also, but you have a 9 :club: . That card improved his likely top pair, and won't scare him at all if he has a straight.

So yeah until turn, I would most likely play it like you but I would've folded to his bet on the turn.
    • veriz
      Hello gigenieks,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: There is one limper, so should isolate bigger.
      Postflop: As long you are getting decent odds on the turn should be fine, though we have easily fold on the river.

Best Regards.