This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 overpair + OESD

• gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players

Hero (MP): $1.86
      MP+1: $3.77 VPIP 26 PFR 6 3B 0 Wts 38 (6/16) WSD 50 (3/6); 55 hands.
      CO: $2.02
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $1.77 No info, only 13 hands.
      UTG+1: $2.72

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has T:spade: T:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, MP+1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27, 3 players) 7:diamond: 9:heart: 8:club:
      UTG bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, MP+1 calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.75, 3 players) 9:club:
      UTG bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28, fold

River: ($1.31, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.25 and is all-in, fold

UTG wins $1.25

So flop is quite good, but I don't know how to proceed. I guess my reasoning for just calling was:
      "I don't want to scare of player behind me who look like loose-passive and has high WtS stat. So I will call to get pot bigger."

At the turn am even more confused... Is that a bad hand for me? Or a good one? Do I fold or 3bet now or just call? :f_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • Arhimman
      Arhimman
      Bronze
      Hi,
      First I'd like to say I'm not any expert whatsoever but for the sake of practice I would like to share how I would have played this hand.

So the raise preflop is standard but the flop coming so coordinated I think is quite scary for you. Specially because UTG donked against you and the MP. It would be interesting to know your stats too but I would easily put him on some top pair (9x) or even a straight (he could've called your raise after MP1 called with JTs). I think a call is ok, despite the fact that the donk indicates quite some strenght.

But the turn is almost an auto-fold for me. In your case I would be hoping for a T for a set or a J to give me the straight also, but you have a 9 :club: . That card improved his likely top pair, and won't scare him at all if he has a straight.

So yeah until turn, I would most likely play it like you but I would've folded to his bet on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gigenieks,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: There is one limper, so should isolate bigger.
      Postflop: As long you are getting decent odds on the turn should be fine, though we have easily fold on the river.

Best Regards.