MP1: $9
      MP2: $50
      MP3: $27.68
      CO: $44.50
      Button: $15.90
      SB: $44.92
      Hero: $10

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 7:heart: 2:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.5 [color:aaaaaa](pot was $0.75)[/color], 5 folds, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 2:spade: 2:heart: 7:diamond: ($1.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: 6:spade: ($1.25, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $0.5[/color], MP1 calls $0.5 [color:aaaaaa](pot was $1.75)[/color].

River: 8:diamond: ($2.25, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $1.5[/color], [color:#cc0000]MP1 raises to $3[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $9[/color], [color:#cc0000]MP1 calls all-in $5[/color].

I thought i could slowplay it on flop, although SSS says bet 2/3 of the pot. I am not sure also about the turn and river play.

I need your opinions.
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you had a read on him that you could trap him , its a solid move but then I think you should check/raise the turn if applicable.

I would go for the SSS manner, Betting Half-Sized pots everytime.
      So on the flop, $0.60, Turn $1.2 & River shove it.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Donking the flop in a freeplay situation is the worst you can do.
      Villain will immediately know that you've hit something.
      I would check the flop too and start betting on the turn if Villain checks-behind on the flop.

Your turnbet is OK I think, not too much to scare him off.
      On the river your bet is correct I think, after his raise it's an easy push.

In the end you managed to get all-in with this hand, so that's good!
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I think in this situation, I would bet the flop.

When I look at MP1, I see a player with a short stack, who has limped from MP1. What does he know? Not much.

On the flop, this really can't have helped too many people. Against this guy, I am betting $1. He may call this for two reasons. He thinks a bit, and reasons that I am stealing, or, because he has two cards and wants to play, he will call. Maybe he has a small piece of this himself, in which case he may even raise. Getting all in on this flop would be hugely desirable, and there is no way he can put us on exactly 27. And the only hand beating us now is 77.

The thing is, if he won't call a flop bet, I don't think he is going to call later either. Whereas, if we get him putting money in on the flop, he is more likely to follow up later, given that he knows nothing about how to play the game, as evidenced by his preflop limp with a short stack.

I would bet again on the turn if that is still an option, looking to get the pot as big as possible as soon as possible. And there isn't any way to not go all in if possible, even if we now lose to 66 as well.

If you have any money left on the river, get it in, and hope that he hasn't played 88 or 28.

The killer is, having limped from MP1, pp from 6-8 are right in his range, but there are many more hands than that he would have played.

Even so, when I have the bottom end of the boat, I like to build the pot more aggressively than if I have the top end. They can lose a lot more often than you think.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Nice explanation aciddrop :)
      I think there `s no need to slowplay wining hand in low limits and especially in freeplay.At first you should build pot when you are in front and when opp is still willing to pay off.So bet,bet,bet.In such situation you should remember that he can hold higher pp like 88 and other streets can change situation a bit.Or if his hand do not improve, he can c/f and you will loose value.
      to Gerv- imho that`s not right spot to c/r turn because you are in front and want value but not folding.
      Good luck :)
      Bronze
      Hello abundance211,

I'd also (as aciddrop) would've betted the flop. The main reasen is to get all your money in by the river. I know you may be wondering if he'll call your every bet and I say: no, he won't. He'll only call small amount of them, I mean you stack him only in like 1/10th times or so. But he'll check/fold either way every of the rest 9 times (or strike a bluff sometimes, or he hits and than bets).

But that means you stack him once in a while and not betting can end in him fireing a small bluff once in a while (or if he's passive, and that's probable, you'll gai nothing).

So I think straight way of betting is ok here.
    • abundance211
      abundance211
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799

I know you may be wondering if he'll call your every bet and I say: no, he won't. He'll only call small amount of them, I mean you stack him only in like 1/10th times or so. But he'll check/fold either way every of the rest 9 times (or strike a bluff sometimes, or he hits and than bets).
      This was exactly what I was thinking.

Thank you all, I have learned a lot through this post.

Btw: aciddrop was right: villain limped with 66.

Good luck at tables
      Bronze
      Fell free to post some more. We will all be glad to help.