Zynga and Bwin

• 19 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      A deal for what? Selling cookies on the same block? Bwin is merging with Party poker.
    • FVM8973
      FVM8973
      Bronze
      http://investor.zynga.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=716059

I found this in the zynga website.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Cool looks good if it's true.

Think it will be amazing for the game.

Will they continue to offer games on Facebook to do you think? Obviously the more people that get involved via FB the more fish will come over to real money games.

Anway i guess for now we will just have to wait and see what happens and i'm sure the PokerStrategy.com team will have any news as and when it becomes available :)

Goodnight all
      Carl
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Might even be a new pokerboom <3<3
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think it's definitely possible. Wasn't it something like 1million+ players on zynga last time i saw? Maybe a lot more i don't remember the specific numbers and you can probably count the players who know how to play on one hand so if even just a small % convert to real money games then we are gonna have some fun times ahead imo
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Future of Facebook walls:

John Smith just lost $1280 on Zynga poker! Down $14,000 this week!

14 people like this

Melissa Smith:
      You BASTARD! This was our son's college money. You think this is funny!?
      God, I'm getting a divorce!

32 people like this

Write a comment...
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Future of Facebook walls:

John Smith just lost $1280 on Zynga poker! Down $14,000 this week!

14 people like this

Melissa Smith:
      You BASTARD! This was our son's college money. You think this is funny!?
      God, I'm getting a divorce!

32 people like this

Write a comment...
      Bahahahahahahaha epic
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      that will be just another desktop party poker net skin like WPT, just zynga branded, (not related to facebook or google) and only for UK players.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      So you don't think having the Zynga name to it will attract many new fish then?
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      So you don't think having the Zynga name to it will attract many new fish then?

Sure it will, but not so many as if it were integrated in facebook or google+, where you just have to deposit and ready to play with your friends
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Don't think anything noticeable will change from that. Def no other boom or something like that since it won't be integrated with facebook given FB's politics regarding gambling.

Still, nice step in brighter direction than online poker was going for the last couple years.

Fwiw, Party network's games are soft anyway, but rake is high as well making it same bs like other rooms, except laggy software and low traffic, with zynga it may increase the traffic so we'll only have the crap software to deal with.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Ok so it won't be playable through FB but surely there will be some pretty heavy advertising via FB or is that not allowed either?
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Ok so it won't be playable through FB but surely there will be some pretty heavy advertising via FB or is that not allowed either?

1. In UK most people are aware about online poker real money sites anyway (every biggest bookie in UK has one)
      2. That will not be the same poker that people like on zynga because many of them play it not because they like it but because they can play it with their friends, relatives, find new friends, share results on the wall etc. Without social element zynga poker will not be so popular
    • amater0001
      amater0001
      Bronze
      Are 50M+ chips worth anything
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82

1. In UK most people are aware about online poker real money sites anyway (every biggest bookie in UK has one)
      2. That will not be the same poker that people like on zynga because many of them play it not because they like it but because they can play it with their friends, relatives, find new friends, share results on the wall etc. Without social element zynga poker will not be so popular
      1. I think you are over-estimating here. Most people know online poker exists sure but not about how much choice there is out there. Only people with an interest in poker or gambling have a proper idea and even then it's limited. A lot of my friends and family like to bet on sports and will go into a Ladbrokes or Betfred shop but if i say want to play some online poker with me there they had no idea it was possible. I think with some clever advertising focusing on social side Zynga can get a decent amount of players over to real money games.

For instance you can already pay money to play on Zynga right? You can buy extra chips and stuff. I think an advertising campaign based on "its the the same thing except you can actually win money, you can still play with your friends and family. Ok im struggling with my words now i hope you understand what i mean a little :D

2. I agree that it won't be as popular and a large % of players won't be interested but like i said before even a small amount of the players try it that will still be a lot of people and because it already has the Social aspect people will still say on FB "have you tried the new Zynga poker games" "Come play with me on the new Zynga site" and hopefully friends will come along that way.

Also if they offer some freerolls exclusive to the FB players this could be a good way to get their first foot in the door and once they're in we all know there's no way of getting back out :D :D
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      I agree with most thinks that you sayed and i think that this zynga move to party no doubt will be great for online poker future but my main idea of all posts in this topic was that online poker players shouldn't wait new online poker bom or so like NightFrostaSS had sayed.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      yeh i agree there is a potential for a boom definitely but i know that it's probably not coming yet
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      There will be boom, because peoples cumulative stupidity needs an output. But will it be online poker? Maybe online Bingo instead?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      There will be boom, because peoples cumulative stupidity needs an output. But will it be online poker? Maybe online Bingo instead?
      We've had the bingo boom in UK its been absolutely everywhere for the last year or 2 and finally seems to be dying down a little now