Known Players:
      CO: $13.92 - 56 bb
      BU: $28.02 - 112 bb
      SB: $25.10 - 100 bb
      BB: $12.53 - 50 bb

0.10/0.25 No Limit Hold'em (4 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.51016.3

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.10), BB posts big blind ($0.25), CO raises for $0.62, Hero 3-bets $1.98, SB folds, BB 4-bets $3.09, CO folds, Hero calls

Flop: ($7.40 - 29.60 bb) T:club: , 9:spade: , 2:heart: (2 Players)
      BB bets $9.19, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled back ($9.19)

CO has been stealing blinds with small preflop raises all the time so AJo seems like a suitable hand to challenge him in this hand. Surprisingly the middlestacked BB reraises very small. I don't see how I can fold this small raise so I go to the flop with my hand. The flop play is not interesting.

How do you play against minreraises like this preflop on an unknown table? Is my play correct? Or do you just not play a low 3bet hand here when somebody behind you is shortstacked or calls a lot?
  • 6 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Preflop 3bet is fine, I'd be more willing to call AJs, and 3bet AJo. But I'd 3bet bigger to 2,25$.
      After that it's standard, we simply cant fold for those odds, and also cant call on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello generals007,

Against the min-raise I doubt that there is any point to call cause you practically never gonna know how good your pair is once you hit it. Also your hand very often dominated.

Best Regards.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      you practically never gonna know how good your pair is once you hit it
      Still, the hand is high enough to call such a minimal raise against his range in my opinion. Yes, it is hard to play postflop and sometimes I get totally dominated, but can I really fold with these odds preflop?

My question is of a general nature, because obviously the same counts for other preflop 3bets where I would fold to a solid 4bet but I get minreraised and would sit in position afterwards.

Does your answer mean that you'd always fold these type of hands?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by generals007
      you practically never gonna know how good your pair is once you hit it
      Still, the hand is high enough to call such a minimal raise against his range in my opinion. Yes, it is hard to play postflop and sometimes I get totally dominated, but can I really fold with these odds preflop?

My question is of a general nature, because obviously the same counts for other preflop 3bets where I would fold to a solid 4bet but I get minreraised and would sit in position afterwards.

Does your answer mean that you'd always fold these type of hands?
      Depends obviously, how can you always fold those hands if you assume he is 4betting loose? Though I just don't see him doing that and nor I don't see why you would call vs a shorty, what kind of odds? Explain me.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      what kind of odds? Explain me.
      Just the odds that I am ahead after the flop in comparison to his betsize.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by generals007
      what kind of odds? Explain me.
      Just the odds that I am ahead after the flop in comparison to his betsize.
      What do you mean by that? How can you expect to be ahead? If you hit your J you don't know if you are ahead, if you hit your Ace you can easily be dominated. So what odds are you looking for? What are you hoping to hit?