Known Players:
      CO: $40.97 - 164 bb
      BU: $11.67 - 47 bb
      SB: $37.20 - 149 bb
      BB: $15.00 - 60 bb

0.10/0.25 No Limit Hold'em (4 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.51016.3

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , 8:heart:
      SB posts small blind ($0.10), BB posts big blind ($0.25), Hero raises for $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls

Flop: ($1.60 - 6.40 bb) J:heart: , 5:spade: , 5:club: (2 Players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls

Turn: ($2.60 - 10.40 bb) Q:diamond: (2 Players)
      BB bets $1, Hero calls

River: ($4.60 - 18.40 bb) 7:club: (2 Players)
      BB bets $2, Hero raises for $5, BB calls

I open very loosely in CO against a fishy BB who calls and bets lower than a third of the potsize on the flop. I call because of the low cost of trying a float on the rather dry paired board and turn a lucky Q. BB bets into me again signaling strength, so I don't do more than call his bet hoping for a pocket pair or a J in his hand, or, more unlikely, nothing. He bets low on river again and I think, at the time, that I could get a little value out of a possible J or pocket pair by reraising very lightly and folding to another reraise.

I think I should have called the river and not raised, but I'm not sure about my play in basically the whole hand. So if you could help me out with a few opinions that would be great.
  • 2 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Preflop open is quite marginal, especially when BTN/BB are shortstacked.

Fold flop, or raise if you have read on Villain that he donkbet bluffs paired/dry boards. I dont like calling, cause with Q high we dont have too much showdown value, it would be a better play with Ax.

As played, I'd definitely just call river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello generals007,

Don't really like the float at all with just Q high whilst there ain't many cards which helps us on the turn. Fold it on the flop or either take back your initiative.

Though as played rather just Call the river, not that many worse hands pay you.

Best Regards.