This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Call allin TT on Q high board

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      MP2: $17.26 - 69 bb
      MP3: $20.64 - 83 bb
      CO: $31.26 - 125 bb
      BU: $26.01 - 104 bb
      SB: $29.37 - 117 bb
      BB: $18.21 - 73 bb

0.10/0.25 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.51016.3

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      SB posts small blind ($0.10), BB posts big blind ($0.25), MP2 folds, MP3 raises for $0.75, Hero 3-bets $2.50, 3 folds, MP3 calls

Flop: ($5.35 - 21.40 bb) Q:club: , 7:heart: , 3:club: (2 Players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.39, MP3 bets $18.14, Hero calls

Turn: ($41.63 - 166.52 bb) A:diamond: (2 Players)

River: ($41.63 - 166.52 bb) 4:heart: (2 Players)

I am in a hand against a very aggressive player, preflop as well as postflop. I 3bet him preflop with TT and find one overcard on the flop. I protect against more overcards by betting normally into the pot but get a shove from villain.

After using all my time bank I decide to call. This was certainly not the first time I played a mediocre hand against the guy and I folded the others.

Can I ever do a call like this if the opponent plays accordingly aggressive or is this bad play and I should be patient and wait for a more solid hand?
  • 6 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      I'd rather flat preflop.
      3bet/broke CO vs MP with TT is marginal even against an aggro guy, plus if he calls a lot, we will have a tough time on these overcard boards with TT in a bloated pot.
      If we flat, we keep his range much wider, and could play him very well postflop in position.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      I'd rather flat preflop.
      3bet/broke CO vs MP with TT is marginal even against an aggro guy, plus if he calls a lot, we will have a tough time on these overcard boards with TT in a bloated pot.
      If we flat, we keep his range much wider, and could play him very well postflop in position.
      Thanks, I agree.

Considered I played preflop as it actually happened, can I call his shove, ever, if he is really aggressive? Or should I always wait for a better hand?
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Do you think it would be air or just FDs often enough to make this call profitable? You didnt give much info on the guy, but I dont think that it's a +EV call.

As played, I'd consider checking behind, and even risking free card, cause he's aggro, and we cant really stand a chRaise, plus he could try to bluff us later streets if he sees weakness.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello generals007,

Depends as always. :) You don't tell us anything besides he is very aggressive. But what sample do you have? How he is aggressive? Just knowing "very aggressive" I don't really like to play this way for stacks, way too huge variance and doubt that you going to end up with huge profit. At least I still take him as unknown cause no information.

Best Regards.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I don't run statistics software since elephant is not available any more, so I cannot tell you anything in numbers. He was calling a lot of hands preflop, so he was rather loose, and postflop he liked to call/raise/reraise close to anything with a tendency to raise rather than call. So speaking in stats that would mean high vpip, AF, wtsd and low fold to cbet on flop and turn. Sorry I don't have more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by generals007
      I don't run statistics software since elephant is not available any more, so I cannot tell you anything in numbers. He was calling a lot of hands preflop, so he was rather loose, and postflop he liked to call/raise/reraise close to anything with a tendency to raise rather than call. So speaking in stats that would mean high vpip, AF, wtsd and low fold to cbet on flop and turn. Sorry I don't have more.
      Why not buy small stakes tracking program? :) Not only those stats but as well for example fold to 3bet, our 3betting frequency and also of course our image on the table what we had earlier. :) He ain't playing back into us just randomly if we are also rather passive.