MP3: $20.64 - 83 bb
      CO: $31.26 - 125 bb
      BU: $26.01 - 104 bb
      SB: $29.37 - 117 bb
      BB: $18.21 - 73 bb

0.10/0.25 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.51016.3

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      SB posts small blind ($0.10), BB posts big blind ($0.25), MP2 folds, MP3 raises for $0.75, Hero 3-bets $2.50, 3 folds, MP3 calls

Flop: ($5.35 - 21.40 bb) Q:club: , 7:heart: , 3:club: (2 Players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.39, MP3 bets $18.14, Hero calls

Turn: ($41.63 - 166.52 bb) A:diamond: (2 Players)

River: ($41.63 - 166.52 bb) 4:heart: (2 Players)

I am in a hand against a very aggressive player, preflop as well as postflop. I 3bet him preflop with TT and find one overcard on the flop. I protect against more overcards by betting normally into the pot but get a shove from villain.

After using all my time bank I decide to call. This was certainly not the first time I played a mediocre hand against the guy and I folded the others.

Can I ever do a call like this if the opponent plays accordingly aggressive or is this bad play and I should be patient and wait for a more solid hand?
  • 6 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      I'd rather flat preflop.
      3bet/broke CO vs MP with TT is marginal even against an aggro guy, plus if he calls a lot, we will have a tough time on these overcard boards with TT in a bloated pot.
      If we flat, we keep his range much wider, and could play him very well postflop in position.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      I'd rather flat preflop.
      3bet/broke CO vs MP with TT is marginal even against an aggro guy, plus if he calls a lot, we will have a tough time on these overcard boards with TT in a bloated pot.
      If we flat, we keep his range much wider, and could play him very well postflop in position.
      Thanks, I agree.

Considered I played preflop as it actually happened, can I call his shove, ever, if he is really aggressive? Or should I always wait for a better hand?
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Do you think it would be air or just FDs often enough to make this call profitable? You didnt give much info on the guy, but I dont think that it's a +EV call.

As played, I'd consider checking behind, and even risking free card, cause he's aggro, and we cant really stand a chRaise, plus he could try to bluff us later streets if he sees weakness.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello generals007,

Depends as always. :) You don't tell us anything besides he is very aggressive. But what sample do you have? How he is aggressive? Just knowing "very aggressive" I don't really like to play this way for stacks, way too huge variance and doubt that you going to end up with huge profit. At least I still take him as unknown cause no information.

Best Regards.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I don't run statistics software since elephant is not available any more, so I cannot tell you anything in numbers. He was calling a lot of hands preflop, so he was rather loose, and postflop he liked to call/raise/reraise close to anything with a tendency to raise rather than call. So speaking in stats that would mean high vpip, AF, wtsd and low fold to cbet on flop and turn. Sorry I don't have more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by generals007
      I don't run statistics software since elephant is not available any more, so I cannot tell you anything in numbers. He was calling a lot of hands preflop, so he was rather loose, and postflop he liked to call/raise/reraise close to anything with a tendency to raise rather than call. So speaking in stats that would mean high vpip, AF, wtsd and low fold to cbet on flop and turn. Sorry I don't have more.
      Why not buy small stakes tracking program? :) Not only those stats but as well for example fold to 3bet, our 3betting frequency and also of course our image on the table what we had earlier. :) He ain't playing back into us just randomly if we are also rather passive.