Your ideas for a sports predicting website ?

• AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys !

I have been working on a few projects lately and one of them considers predictive modelling of sports matches and using the results of the models to make money on betting exchange - BetFair.com. As a result of this research, we are now developing a web application that would offer betting predictions for anyone based on their risk profile and other input data.

As during my many years here I found out this is a great community with a lot of constructive ideas, I would like to ask you for any inputs on what would you want to see on such a website that would make you use it more.

Every single idea is most welcome :)
      Thank you all
  • 10 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AugustusCaesar
      I would like to ask you for any inputs on what would you want to see on such a website that would make you use it more.
      Sorry to be blunt but the only thing I'd want to see, is that it works :]

The best way to do this would be to create some sort of "Website Balance" where you start with £1000 and you log each and every bet you predict so that users can see that it is working and if in doubt, can also research previous predictions.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AugustusCaesar
      we are now developing a web application that would offer betting predictions for anyone based on their risk profile and other input data.

Hi hi hi

Ok i might sound a bit thick here so correct me if i'm wrong but this is how i see it. So you would download the app and it ask you some questions on how much you like to take a risk and if you are at the cautious end of the scale the app will tell you to say put 50% of your BR on Barcelona to beat Accrington Stanley. And if you like to take risks it will tell you to put all your money, your house and car on Andy Carrol to be premier league top scorer?

If so then i guess it could work but for me it would kind of take the fun away from betting. The thing i like about betting is going into a bookies or online having a chat about the games with people making some bets that are relatively safe AND taking a risk on a long shot that will make me some money.

Maybe it would be different for people who take sports betting more seriously but for me, a guy who just bets a few quid a week on football, i don't think i would have a use for such an app.

Good luck with it though anyway and will be interesting to see what others think about it

Carl
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      [size=10][quote]Originally posted by MattDenness[/size]
      [size=10][quote]Originally posted by AugustusCaesar[/size]
      I would like to ask you for any inputs on what would you want to see on such a website that would make you use it more.[/quote]
      Sorry to be blunt but the only thing I'd want to see, is that it works :]

The best way to do this would be to create some sort of "Website Balance" where you start with £1000 and you log each and every bet you predict so that users can see that it is working and if in doubt, can also research previous predictions.[/quote]
      Hey Matt,
      Thanks a lot for the feedback, I really appreciate it :) It does not sound blunt at all and we will definitely have that !

Currently we are solving a very similar issue - I have the sort of "poker player's" approach of OK, let's have a sample and if it has positive ROI all is good .. My partner however sees it more from the "sales/marketing/psychological" point of view - we need more winning bets than loosing bets because people - the users - will loose their interest if we have more loosing bets, at they dont see it from the long-run view but from the emotional point .. Any opinions on that one ?

Thanks again, Any other points are most welcome :)
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      [size=10][quote]Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly[/size]
      [size=10][quote]Originally posted by AugustusCaesar[/size]
      we are now developing a web application that would offer betting predictions for anyone based on their risk profile and other input data.
      [/quote]
      Hi hi hi

Ok i might sound a bit thick here so correct me if i'm wrong but this is how i see it. So you would download the app and it ask you some questions on how much you like to take a risk and if you are at the cautious end of the scale the app will tell you to say put 50% of your BR on Barcelona to beat Accrington Stanley. And if you like to take risks it will tell you to put all your money, your house and car on Andy Carrol to be premier league top scorer?

If so then i guess it could work but for me it would kind of take the fun away from betting. The thing i like about betting is going into a bookies or online having a chat about the games with people making some bets that are relatively safe AND taking a risk on a long shot that will make me some money.

Maybe it would be different for people who take sports betting more seriously but for me, a guy who just bets a few quid a week on football, i don't think i would have a use for such an app.

Good luck with it though anyway and will be interesting to see what others think about it
      Carl[/quote]
      Hi Carl,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. You pretty much have the right idea :)

It is meant for people who want to make some money on betting and can think of it as a form of investment, that can bring returns based on their risk profile etc.

If you are only a recreational - for fun bettor the service would not be exactly for you, as you like doing the part that we want to do for the users if they dont have the time / skills / knowledge needed ;)

Anyway, if you have any ideas, please share :) thanks
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey Carl (and other guys reading this ;-)

After some time we are finally in the pre-launch phase, communicating via Twitter, if you are interested, you can follow us at @fuqu : https://twitter.com/fuqu

Thanks again for all the feedback, if you have any more, please share ;-)

AC
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      #following

Will let you know what i think in a couple of days :)
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Looking forward to checking this out when it launches.

Will this be a free service funded by ad's or will it be a subscription?

Btw can you link it here when it launches? I'm not a twitterer :f_biggrin:
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      gl
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 3prswins
      Looking forward to checking this out when it launches.

Will this be a free service funded by ad's or will it be a subscription?

Btw can you link it here when it launches? I'm not a twitterer :f_biggrin:
      Hi,

Our model will be a paid service based on "credits", which you can use to buy predictions.

To make it easy - for example, you deposit 10 EUR, which will give you 10 credits. Each prediction costs 1 credit. You buy a prediction, but if it is not a winning one, you get your credit back, you only pay if the prediction was a winner.

What do you think ? Do you like this model and the pricing (1 EUR per prediction) ?

And of course, I will let you know when we launch :)

Thanks again for the feedback :)
      AC