PT3 on mac + Zoom Poker

• vanBuuren89
      vanBuuren89
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I hope someone can help me. I have PT3 running on my mac however the HUD is not working on the ZOOM Tables on pokerstars. I had a look around on the web and found that this won't work because of some security setting on macs.

I then had a look around if there are any other ways to get a HUD on the tables or another program and came across PokerCopilot and there the HUD works however the program is not as god as PT3...

Anyone has any ideas if I can get the PT3 HUD up and running on ZOOM tables and what I need to do for that?
  • 5 replies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      I hope there is an answer for this. I would totally love to be able to use stats for Zoom on my mac.
    • buschips
      buschips
      As you said, because of the security settings in OSX there no way to get a Zoom-HUD.

The only way is running a Virtual Maschine with Windows on your MAC and playing and tracking there.
    • vanBuuren89
      vanBuuren89
      Bronze
      But why is the HUD in Poker Copilot then working?
    • buschips
      buschips
      Because Poker-Copilot is using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) as far as I know.

PT-guys don't wanna use this because its inaccurate and needs (too) much performance.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by buschips
      Because Poker-Copilot is using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) as far as I know.

PT-guys don't wanna use this because its inaccurate and needs (too) much performance.
      You are correct, OCR is horribly inaccurate for the needs of multitabling online poker players. OCR technology requires that you

1. Match the table size so the font can be read
      2. do not overlap tables becaue the text must be accessable for the OCR engine to work
      3. do not have any unrecognizable characters
      4. requires an extra window open to check that the data which is screen scraped using OCR is accurate, it is often incorrect.

We commend Poker-Copilot for trying to use OCR, but this is a technology that all of the other top-tier tracking companies have already previously tried and abandoned due to the high failure rate. For example we tested Poker-Copilot's implementation of Zoom, and found numerous screen name errors... it was an unsustainable process from our perspective. We wish them well, but OCR is just not a viable solution.

We are preparing to launch PokerTracker 4 for OSX in the beginning of 2013, sadly Apple's OS is still too restrictive to allow us to place a HUD on any fast poker tables. Over time we hope that the poker sites begin to provide us with an API that allows PT4 to access the data needed to know which player is seated at the table - until then we sugest using a Windows VM or Bootcamp on your Mac to play at Zoom tables.