[NL20-NL50] NL50 kk again

• Ensyfer
      Known players:

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5,00, SB folds, BB calls $4,00, MP1 calls $4,00.

Flop: ($15,50) Q:spade: , 8:diamond: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $10,00, BB calls $10,00, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($35,50) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($35,50) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $20,00, BB raises to $58,00, Hero calls $38,00.

Final Pot: $151,50

What you think of this hand? I find it hard to fold with on overpair after he shows some aggresion.
  • 4 replies
    • wutes
      Mhhh, strange play by the BB in my opinion, especially the initial check on the river. If he has a set I would expect him to raise there because of the risk that you simply check behind.

The pot odds are not as good as in the other threat but since this is the first time he shows aggression in this hand and due to the fact that he could very well assume that you are just trying to steal the pot (standard Cbet on the flop, then check), I guess I would call too.
    • Gungunhana
      I would bet more on the flop ~12 , bet turn and reevaluate. Fold to a raise, or if he called,check behind on river. What hands could he be pushing with that you beat on turn and river, other than Qx?
    • aciddrop
      If I was BB playing a set on this flop, I would c/c looking to c/r the turn. The flop could easily hit the pfa, who will most likely cbet. Since I missed the turn value, I would bet the river.

I think with me holding the KK, I have to bet the river, but I would curse and fold to the c/r. I have more than half a stack left. Without reads that he is aggressive, and can do this with a worse hand, I couldn't call.
    • Thorsten77
      I just think that most players go for a bet on the river after the check with their strong hands. It's a good move to c/r here, but at NL50 I don't expect to see such c/r for value too often. Also, the 3 shouldn't change anything - 56 had the straight before.
      As I'd not assume he plays a set using this line and I don't see any other big hands, a bluff is likely, so I'd also call.