Need a new TV series

• ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Ok so bought House boxset a couple weeks ago and its great but it's literally the only thing i've watched for the past 2 weeks. So i want something else to break it up a little.

Here's a short list of TV shows I've loved:

House
      NCIS (but gets a bit repetitive)
      Alias (the first 3-4 seasons before it got crazy)
      Heros (season 1 only)
      Desperate housewives (seasons 1-3) :fail:
      Spooks (season 1)
      Big Bang Theory
      How i Met Your Mother
      Simpsons
      Doctor Who (Up until David Tennant left)
      Friends
      Inbetweeners

Tv shows i've hated:

Family Guy
      American Dad
      CSI (all of them)
      NCIS LA
      Medium
      Gavin and Stacey

TV shows I've wanted to get into for a while:

Breaking Bad
      Walking Dead
      Boardwalk Empire
      Dexter

Which of the last list would you guys recommend i started watching first? Are there any others i should get into? Let me know

Also share your own lists of what you have loved and hated people always look at me like a piece of shit when i tell them i hate family guy :D will be good to see what makes it onto other peoples love and hate lists

Peace
      Carl
  • 100 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Dexter is nice. :)

Also maybe try Fringe.

Edit:

Here's my list:

:heart: Loved
      Boston Legal
      Stargate (all 3 series) :rolleyes:
      Fringe
      House
      How I Met Your Mother
      Two and a Half Men
      Dexter
      South Park

There is more, but I can't remember right now.

:spade: Hated
      Well, I didn't really watch more than one or two episedes of anything I did not like...so can't really put anything here. :)
    • ShumaG
      ShumaG
      Bronze
      Check out The Sopranos, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy umm Breaking Bad and Dexter are good to get into at least 4 seasons of each.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I've tried to watch Sons of Anarchy a few times but i just can't get into it

How did i miss South Park and Two And a Half Men from my loved list? :facepalm:

My wife seems to like most of the things on my hate list so i end up watching them anyway
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Breaking Bad ftw !

If you watch anime try One Piece :heart:
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Walking dead a must and defo boardwalk empire not sure bout the other two!

if you like funny shows the complete Alan Partridge series just cracks me up, Ive lost track how many times ive watched this. Another one is the Mighty Boosh box set proper weird but highly amusing with a blinding sound track order both off amazon with next day delivery and you will have a quality weekend!!

Sunny
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      TV Shows I've loved:

Father Ted
      Friends
      Lost
      CSI: NY
      Mock the week
      8 out of 10 cats
      Big Bang Theory
      How I Met Your Mother
      South Park
      The Simpsons
      Family Guy
      Scrubs

TV Shows I've wanted to get into:

Bones

TV Shows I've been forced to watch:

Greys Anatomy
      16 and Pregnant
      Teen Mom
      One Tree Hill

TV Shows I recommend:

Girls
      The Newsroom

Highly, highly recommend The Newsroom to everyone - epic TV show. Written and produced by the same guy who made The West Wing.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      burn notice
      white collar
      castle
      Revolution
      Scandal
      Person of interest
      IT crowd
      Fringe
      Primeval
      Supernatural
      alphas
      everybody loves raymond
      Rules of engagement
      The mentalist
      Hawaii 5 o
      Game of thrones
      Touch
      Suits

Must Watch
      Fringe
      Suits
      Fringe
      Scandal
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Big up for Bones, loved that, worth a watch if you liked NCIS etc, more of a story to it than just crime too.

Another one is Hustle, the name pretty much sums it up, a team of scam artists that perform "long cons" against marks that are of the "dark" nature, business men that are greedy etc, my favourite series of all.

Lastly is Suits, An american program about a kid who can memorize everything he reads and ends up in one of the leading law firms, its got a slight comedy feel to it and despite it sounding boring, you must give the first episode a go, its genius!
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      2 months 2 millions of course :D
    • bleudesoleil
      bleudesoleil
      Bronze
      I watched/ still watching (if not finished)

Oz
      Dexter
      Sons Of Anarchy
      Breaking Bad

Supernatural
      Grimm
      The Walking Dead
      Arrow (its a new tv series, started this fall)
      Game Of Thrones
      True Blood
      Misfits
      Spartacus

Top Gear UK
      Entourage
      How To Make It In America
      Parks and Recreation
      Modern Family
      Its Always sunny in Philadelphia
      The Big Bang Theory

From your list i would deff recomend Breaking Bad , Dexter and The Walking Dead
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Ok so bought House boxset a couple weeks ago and its great but it's literally the only thing i've watched for the past 2 weeks. So i want something else to break it up a little.

Peace
      Carl
      Great thread Carl :) Your list is very much like mine

Loved: NCIS, House, Dexter, Heroes, Game of Thrones, Rome, Spartacus, Newsroom
      Testing right now: Last Resort, Suits

Recommendations :
      Dexter - The best TV series ever imo, just love it .. 7th series is going right now, give it a shot, I think you will love it or hate it (we have similar taste so love it is my guess)

Last Resort - Looks very good to me, navy+survival environment, fisrt 4 episodes are already out and more are coming each week

Game of Thrones - A must for every fantasy fan, absolutely epic

Newsroom - Surprisingly good, it really is about making news, but super !

Spartacus - There are 3 series so far, very very good imo, kinda 300 (the movie) style, some violence, some sex, very good watch

Walking Dead - nice zombie series, not too scary and not too stupid either, very good watch if you dont hate the zombie thing ofc
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      once upon a time
      the L word
      Lie to me
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I did not think very much of Breaking Bad, it is not bad but I don't think it was particularly good either.

Game Of Thrones is in my opinion the best TV series and if you have not seen it I would highly recommend it.

Dexter is pretty good, the first few series are great, it does drop off a bit though and series 5,6 were not nearly as good.

Boardwalk Empire is one of my favourites but most of my friends think it is boring.

Luther is another show I really enjoyed, British but very well made and well acted. The 2nd "series" is only a couple of episodes but it is still very entertaining to watch.

Luck I thought was also very good, I like to bet on horses and play poker so I was excited to watch this show as it is all about horse racing and has quite a bit of poker thrown in too. Sadly a few horses died on their set and they chose to cut the show and so there is only the 1 series but it is really good.

Finally.. Lost. If you just watch the first 3 series of Lost it is really quite epic. Just a shame they totally ruined it with 4, 5 and 6.

Also forgot to add, I really hate family guy too! My brothers used to have it on all the time and I never found it funny at all.
    • miholc
      miholc
      Bronze
      Boardwalk Empire is THE shit! Stone cold nuts!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FatSunny
      Walking dead a must and defo boardwalk empire not sure bout the other two!

if you like funny shows the complete Alan Partridge series just cracks me up, Ive lost track how many times ive watched this. Another one is the Mighty Boosh box set proper weird but highly amusing with a blinding sound track order both off amazon with next day delivery and you will have a quality weekend!!

Sunny
      Yes! both great. i didn't like the most recent series of Boosh though it was ok but i think they just tried to be as weird as possible rather than make it funny. But Alan Partridge is gold.

@JimC6 i did like lost i think i got a couple of episodes into season 4 but around that time i met my now wife and had some family issues and just never found the time to start watching it again. Plus over 9000 people have now told me the ending so it kinda puts me off watching it again.

@AugustusCaesar Think Dexter is top of my list to see next keep being told so many good things about it. Also really wanna see Walking Dead. Been playing the Xbox game and it's pretty good. You don't really do so much in the game its more like an interactive comic or movie but its good :)

@Ingi Is The L word the one about lesbians? Are they hot? and don't think i ever heard of Once Upon A Time.

Forgot to mention The Office and Extras too :facepalm: I absolutely love and respect everything Ricky Gervais has done he puts so much love and effort into making everything he does as perfect as possible and imo it pays off big time

Keep the lists coming everyone :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      @Ingi Is The L word the one about lesbians? Are they hot? and don't think i ever heard of Once Upon A Time.
      Did you ever look into this? Sounds interesting :]

So, which did you pick to watch, if any?
    • spaznRNMD
      spaznRNMD
      Basic
      Im a master jedi in series.

If you like Alias so much, take a look at "Hunted".

The first episode is a bit "meh", the director try fancy stuff with the realisation but THEN it FUCKING ROCKS §!!!

Oh and i ve just seen you didnt watch 24. How do you dare saying that in public? go for a 24 marathon you' love it

I ve watched two times the 1 2 3 4 7 8 season

i envy you man, 24 was my favorite by far. if you like that type of show, go for spooks aka mi5 but begin withh season 6 because before it aint serialised
    • Stabillo
      Stabillo
      Bronze
      Maybe futurama if you like The Simpsons :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      You could ways Google "Top 250 films everyone should watch" and go through them from 250 all the way to #1 :D

Thats some serious hours right there.