Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO Player2 ($46.90) 188bb
      BTN kymupa ($27.09) 108bb
      SB Player4 ($46.30) 185bb
      BB Player1 ($25) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.37, 4 players) kymupa is BTN A:club: J:club:
      1 fold, kymupa raises to $0.75, Player4 calls $0.63, 1 fold

Flop: 9:club: J:spade: K:spade: ($1.75, 2 players)
      Player4 bets $1.31, kymupa calls $1.31

Turn: J:diamond: ($4.37, 2 players)
      Player4 bets $3.27, kymupa calls $3.27

River: 3:heart: ($10.91, 2 players)
      Player4 bets $8.18, kymupa goes all-in $21.76, Player4 calls $13.58

Final Pot: $54.43

Well I think I played this fine.

Villian is 23/18 call from SB 18 (78) and donks 11% (45).

I think calling flop is fine.

The turn improves my hand and I think I should be raising here.

On the river I think shoving is fine. I don't think he is donking KJ/QT/99/J9 on the flop so I have the nuts here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kymupa,

Raise the turn to protect instead of calling. Way too dangerous board. Though as played I'd really ask what he is betting almost pot size on the river? :) So can you really raise it for value?

What makes you think he isn't donking those strong hands?

Best Regards.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well... I do think that people tend to c/r in those spots because if we skip the cbet on this board we do have very little equity against his hand so he won't be scared to give a free card.
      For example if the board was 567tt there is no point in donking 77 heads up because obv the hands that have a good draw or a made hand are going to bet.

So on the river I put him on sth like JT/JQ/AJ/Kx/FD and I mainly raise vs JT/QJ because I doubt that most of the players on this limit are going to fold here?

Altough I am not really sure because his bet is so strong but I think I can at least call here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Well... I do think that people tend to c/r in those spots because if we skip the cbet on this board we do have very little equity against his hand so he won't be scared to give a free card.
      For example if the board was 567tt there is no point in donking 77 heads up because obv the hands that have a good draw or a made hand are going to bet.

So on the river I put him on sth like JT/JQ/AJ/Kx/FD and I mainly raise vs JT/QJ because I doubt that most of the players on this limit are going to fold here?

Altough I am not really sure because his bet is so strong but I think I can at least call here?
      Wouldn't say people ain't able to fold it. Cause clearly you don't raise with anything worse there than very strong Jx or more likely even FH. You wont end up having a lot worse hands there nor you never bluff in that spot.

Though we ain't able to fold it most likely here as long you said yourself that you putting him on some Jx holdings even. But then again would he really donk them? :)