Stats evaluation

    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.07.2010 Posts: 694
      Hi, since I reached a somewhat decent sample size, I'd like to have some opinions about the values that might look interesting.
      I'm not trying to "stat-fix" my game, I rather want to explore the root of the deviations.



      For what I can tell, the most conspicuous stats are the low Attempt to steal from SB (54.4), which I am working on and maybe the Fold to turn donk value (34.51) which looks shocking. Other than that I might 3bet too much, but I'm not sure because it's kind of works for me.

      Again, I don't expect surgical precision stats to compare, just to point out obvious deviations and possible reasons for it.

      Thanks.
  • 10 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.04.2008 Posts: 913
      No expert but:

      RiverAF seems bit low. Try to up that a bit. Naturally this will bring WTSD and W$SD down a bit but IMHO that would not hurt you.

      Your 3bet looks a bit high but if it works for you then go for it. Just remeber that it is high.

      Your 4bet is to high. It is no fun oop in a 4bet pot with A8s on a Axx board.

      I thought your ATS (co) is low and your ATS(sb) is high.

      96% cbet...what is that all about? That is why your Cbet success in only 21%
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.07.2010 Posts: 694
      Originally posted by mineriva
      No expert but:

      RiverAF seems bit low. Try to up that a bit. Naturally this will bring WTSD and W$SD down a bit but IMHO that would not hurt you.

      Your 3bet looks a bit high but if it works for you then go for it. Just remeber that it is high.

      Your 4bet is to high. It is no fun oop in a 4bet pot with A8s on a Axx board.

      I thought your ATS (co) is low and your ATS(sb) is high.

      96% cbet...what is that all about? That is why your Cbet success in only 21%
      Not sure if you noticed but it's about Fixed Limit, not NL. The reason I'm saying is because 96% flop cbet is pretty standard.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.06.2009 Posts: 4,086
      A Q:

      The 4-bet pre (for example), is that the percentage of the time you do it when you actually have an opportunity to do it?

      If so, it doesn't sound high at all.

      /Johan = :f_confused:
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.04.2008 Posts: 913
      srry did not notice it is FL.

      forget everything I said.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.07.2010 Posts: 694
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      A Q:

      The 4-bet pre (for example), is that the percentage of the time you do it when you actually have an opportunity to do it?

      If so, it doesn't sound high at all.

      /Johan = :f_confused:
      Yes it is, but it's low because I'm not capping vs. thinking regs for balancing purposes, so bascially I'm only capping if I can push out players from the pot but than I do it pretty widely, or in multiway pots vs. bad players for value.

      At least that is my logic.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.06.2009 Posts: 4,086
      Those stats look awesome.

      Do you go mostly for exploitation, or the other way around (i.e. to be unexploitable)?

      I hope my question make sense. Deviations can probably be explained that way. I mean, that "fold to turn donk" could well be a very good number if you fold against the right opponents. It might be different if you play 10 tables at once.

      Also, the "SB open raise" should probably be opponent dependent. Given that it's $0.25-$0.50, there are many loose callers. I personally don't like open-raising 65-70% against those.

      /Johan = :f_confused:
    • Avataren
      Avataren
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.04.2010 Posts: 1,621
      3bet isn't too high. its actually right in the middle of perfect. 10 - 15 3bet
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Joined: 03.03.2008 Posts: 3,802
      lowish steal stats; high fold BB; generally a bit too nitty both pre and postflop (15% c/r flop, etc)
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.07.2010 Posts: 694
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      Do you go mostly for exploitation, or the other way around (i.e. to be unexploitable)?
      Let's just say I suck less at balancing.


      Thanks for the feedbacks!
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.09.2010 Posts: 2,551
      Agree with redskwerl really

      Your Attempt to steal is 37%, this is a bit low in today's games but not a disaster by any stretch, especailly considering 0.25/0.5 is a 2/5 structure iirc.

      You fold BB to steal on the other hand is worryingly high. 48% is a big number and looks like you're passing up a lot of spots you could and should be playing in.

      Your 3-bet stat is fine