SB: $2.00
      BB: $2.10
      Hero (UTG): $4.21
      UTG+1: $1.45
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $1.96

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:diamond: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.27, 3 players) J:heart: J:club: 4:heart:

Note: I check, no point to bluff OOP.

Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.27, 3 players) 7:club:

Note: I bet 50% to steal the pot cheaply.

Hero bets $0.13, CO calls $0.13, fold

River: ($0.53, 2 players) A:spade:

Note: I bet pot to represent a last attemt to steal the pot. (Good play?)

Hero bets $0.51, CO calls $0.51

Hero shows K:diamond: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 62%, Flop 4%, Turn 0%)
      CO shows Q:diamond: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 38%, Flop 96%, Turn 100%)
      CO wins $1.50
  • 2 replies
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Since the flop is paired then I'd just c-bet around 2/3 pot, if someone calls, you know you have to fold. By checking, all you are doing is letting someone steal the pot the times where you yourself could have stolen the pot.

As played:
      I'd just bet a bit bigger, 1/2 pot generally looks quite weak.

As for the pot size river bet, you just isolate yourself against a better range. Big bet looks like Jx and so your not going to get paid by the weaker pairs which could jave called on the turn. A big bet means your only getting hands you beat to fold, bet half pot if you think you have the best hand.

Generally, I like to just bluff flop and give up if I get called. Bluffing in later streets is a big leak for me and my win-rate improved significantly once I started giving up after unsuccessful bluffs.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi Raknyo,

As played river bet might make some sense you have a red on your opponent but generally the fact is that he is going to have some mid pocket and is just going to fold, they are not thinking that much.

I don't like your bet on the turn and I think that against 2 players we can just give up the hand as their ranges are very weighted towards pocket pairs against which I don't think you are happy 3 barreling.

Best regards.