[NL2-NL10] Can anyone here justify the river call?

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      ....because looking back I am not sure I can.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.40
      BU (Hero):
      $12.56
      SB:
      $5.07
      BB:
      $11.65
      MP3:
      $4.20

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, CO folds.

Player is Loose passivish fishy player with 60/25 stats. Has gotten out of line a couple of times but has shown up with the good so often.

Not keen on my bet sizing either through flop to turn BUT I was running so shitty I was probably concerned about another flopped straight.

Flop: ($1.07) T, 9, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.57) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2.00.

River: ($6.57) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $6.30, Hero calls $6.30.

Final Pot: $19.17.
  • 6 replies
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      bet bigger flop,turn (Close to pot size) and on that river just muck it. You are almost always against straight or flush .
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Yeah pretty much my thinking both during and after the hand.

I did say I didn't like my sizing, though I made some sort of post editing cock up which meant it was posted in the middle of the hand. Doh!

Oh well.

Have to go down as one of those moments where the wrong decision got a good result..... As he showed up with 99.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Everything got there :f_cry: But I feel your pain. I am going through a card dead patch that is just amazing. Then you hit something and it is hard to let it go...however I feel it helps to think of it this way: How much have you invested in the pot? How much are the asking you to pay now? How does the risk/reward works out in that given board v. that player? Sometimes that helps me to cool down and think.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      OH WOW, lol. That was unexpected. Take notes, take notes :f_biggrin:
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisClick
      Everything got there :f_cry: But I feel your pain. I am going through a card dead patch that is just amazing. Then you hit something and it is hard to let it go...however I feel it helps to think of it this way: How much have you invested in the pot? How much are the asking you to pay now? How does the risk/reward works out in that given board v. that player? Sometimes that helps me to cool down and think.
      Yep. I am running horrible BUT I don't think I can moan too much because I don't believe I am playing that well neither. I think the horrid bet sizing is the result of the running horrible yesterday but honestly the violins should be put away as I am just not making good decisions. I do not like the fold button at the moment.

And yep notes notes. He rocked up into a showdown later with QJo vs my pair of aces on a K Q J xx board. Knew he had at least two pair but could not, just could not stomach folding. When I know I should have.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

For 100bb I would never fold, for 200bb I think fold is reasonable- don´t think he has there straight too often, but I also don´t see him taking that line with lower sets or two pair hand, so unless he is turning smt like TxAh into bluff (that isn´t very likely), then you can also fold that marginal spot

best regards,