This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 überpair

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.52 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      UTG+1 raises to $0,20, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,35) 5:club: , 9:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0,90, UTG+1 raises to $1,80, Hero raises to $3,50, UTG+1 raises to $6,29 (All-In), Hero calls $2,79.

Turn: ($13,93) 4:club:
      River: ($13,93) 8:club:

Final Pot: $13,93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Td Th)
      UTG+1 shows three of a kind, threes (3s 3d)

UTG+1 wins with three of a kind, threes (3s 3d)

the preflop minraise signalize pocket pair but while mulitabling I didnt see it.
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yes, check/minraise on the flop after minraise preflop means AA, KK or set on the flop. Maybe call the minraise and hope for a miracle turn, but just as well to fold there I think.
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I must say, i think overpairs (is the english expression for "überpaar" ;) ) are very difficult to play cause of exactly that situation: You get a c/r.
      First of all i guess i had made a bigger bet on the flop, at least 1$, and then i don't know. Either i push or i fold, that then often depends on the impression of my opponent. Yesterday, e.g. i had KK as an OP ang get checked/all in raised on the turn with a straight draw completed. I made a weak (and wrong) call, i think, and he turned out to had 77 and hit his set on the river... :evil:

I'd say fold is the right decision here, since the board is so dry, that a raise only makes sense with a set, but i hate those decisions...
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I'd muck it w/o further reads to the c/r: its a monster in most cases and even if he bluffs, he'll bet the turn and you have a decision...