[NL2-NL10] NL10 überpair

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.52 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      UTG+1 raises to $0,20, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,35) 5:club: , 9:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0,90, UTG+1 raises to $1,80, Hero raises to $3,50, UTG+1 raises to $6,29 (All-In), Hero calls $2,79.

Turn: ($13,93) 4:club:
      River: ($13,93) 8:club:

Final Pot: $13,93

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Td Th)
      UTG+1 shows three of a kind, threes (3s 3d)

UTG+1 wins with three of a kind, threes (3s 3d)

the preflop minraise signalize pocket pair but while mulitabling I didnt see it.
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yes, check/minraise on the flop after minraise preflop means AA, KK or set on the flop. Maybe call the minraise and hope for a miracle turn, but just as well to fold there I think.
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I must say, i think overpairs (is the english expression for "überpaar" ;) ) are very difficult to play cause of exactly that situation: You get a c/r.
      First of all i guess i had made a bigger bet on the flop, at least 1$, and then i don't know. Either i push or i fold, that then often depends on the impression of my opponent. Yesterday, e.g. i had KK as an OP ang get checked/all in raised on the turn with a straight draw completed. I made a weak (and wrong) call, i think, and he turned out to had 77 and hit his set on the river... :evil:

I'd say fold is the right decision here, since the board is so dry, that a raise only makes sense with a set, but i hate those decisions...
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I'd muck it w/o further reads to the c/r: its a monster in most cases and even if he bluffs, he'll bet the turn and you have a decision...