[NL20-NL50] Nl Sh Aq

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      This was the 3rd or 4th pot I had raised in a row

could this have been played any better?

I think I could have bet more on the flop to balance my play as If I had a genuine hand I most certainly would have bet more for protection

I think around $5 sounds good

CO:52/5/5/29/128

SB:18/11/3/28/279

Hero BU

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

saw flop|saw showdown

MP ($26.15)
      CO ($4.55)
      Hero ($26.30)
      SB ($46.75)
      BB ($6)
      UTG ($34.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with , .
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $2.15, 1 fold, CO calls $1.40.

Flop: ($7) , , (3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4, CO folds.

Turn: ($15) (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($15) (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB folds.

Final Pot: $15
  • 1 reply
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Hi salflip,

c-betting this flop is not really bad in general, but you might consider to check behind here: CO has a PFR of 5 and raise/calls preflop - even though his VPIP looks very fishy, he seems to raise only a small portion of hands. Furthermore, SB coldcalls after a raise and a reraise. Especially with your image (they may see you as a maniac) its a spot where you often get called my monsters, that want to let you bluff into them. In general, such a call after a raise and a reraise is typically a very strong hand.
      If you bet, I agree that you shoul bet a little more on such a flop, e.g., 5$.

As played, I like the check behind on the turn, as you have gained additional outs. I also like sizing the value bet on the river.