Hello Poker Enthusiasts!

• mikahwins
      Thought i would introduce myself to the community and say hello.

I really enjoy my poker but have recently just come back from a break playing as my partner just had a baby girl recently :D !

My best result to date so far has to be winning...well splitting 50/50 heads up in a 3x Turbo NLHE $1 re-buy on Pokerstars ;) .

I beat a field of over 6000 players to claim my prize of £3500 :s_biggrin: !

I can't wait to get off and running, and i think its best to start at the bottom again and work myself a bankroll once again.

Hope to see some of you at the tables. :s_love:

Thank You

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again"
  • 3 replies
    • gadget51
      Hello mikahwins and welcome to the community!

That's quite some winnings for a $1 rebuy you got here, wowee! :s_cool: Will you continue with tournaments or go down the cash game route?

And you are perfectly sensible to start at teh beginning, I usually find it's the best place to start. :D
      Anyway, have fun here and get learning, we ahve alll you need on here to improve except the effort, which you need to supply. If yopu need anything further just ask, helping is what we are here for.

Best regards,

• mikahwins
      Thank you gadget51.

Yeah i was over the moon myself tbh! :s_biggrin:

I have been playing on and off since i started playing.. although like u pointed out, its when i really apply myself to the game that i get the rewards..first ever tournament i won was on PaddyPowerPoker at the age of 22, NLHE - $3 re-buy and a field of 587 players to win just over £1000 :] ...not quite the 6000 i beat but i enjoyed it just as much i must say.

I've watched poker on TV and stuff for 2 years while i was underage before i even started playing.

Having a baby girl in July has put everything on hold, but i feel settled again and have my sharpness back and i'm ready to give it a go once more. :D

Well i feel my mindset is trained on tournaments at the moment... this is something i will need to address.

Allthough i am not impartial to grinding it out on the cash tables, x4 tables at a low limit suits me. :s_grin:

If i wanna build a bankroll tho i think i will either have to grind it out at cash tables or play some micro level MTT's or SNG's.

Feel i have something to prove to myself.

I noticed that there is a staking thread this is something that interests me, although if i do well i shouldn't need it tbh.

can't wait to get going.

• DrDunne
      hello mikahwins and congratulations on the new addition to your family :)

as gadget said, everything you need is here except for the effort! i can't speak for tournament poker, but all i can say is if you are passionate about the game and don't mind studying and putting in the hours off the tables then you should be fine. it feels like the more i learn, the more i realise i don't know anything :D but that is just motivation to work away at it even more. if you have something to prove to yourself, then nothing is more rewarding than seeing your graph going up over a large sample - studying will get you there!

good luck!