NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.43)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($89.02)
      Hero ($62.44)
      CO ($54.52)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 5:diamond:

UTG raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $3

FLOP ($9.75) J:club: 5:spade: 4:heart:

[color=red]UTG bets $1.50, Hero ?
  • 3 replies
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Do you have specific reads that he folds a lot on 3bets? The more info you give if you post a hand the better it can be judged.

What is your plan preflop if he calls you?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w1z4rd,

Well, what do you think he is donking with? Do you make any better hand to fold with a raise?

Best Regards.
    • w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      Hi,

@lifethelife7 sorry I have no info on the villain,

@veriz it's been my personal experience that leads in 3bet pots are usually bluffs, or some hands with which the villain wants to get to a cheep showdown like 88-TT, judging by his sizing, another possibility would be that he wants to get some cheep cards to hit his hand if he has something like AK,AQ, I do not deny the possibility of a bet to induce. When I raise here i think he folds all these hands and continues with his induce range.

Outcome:
      I raise to 6,5$ and he clicks to 12$, looking back on that I have a tough time figuring out what range he has when he does this... since I think lead/call is a much better line and it gives me the opportunity to barrel off the turn and river. Nevertheless I folded, thinking that this is never some strange bluff he runs with AK/AQ.

Thank you,
      W1z