This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A5s 3bet pot MPvsUTG @NL50 Zoom

• w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      Villain is Unknown
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.43)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($89.02)
      Hero ($62.44)
      CO ($54.52)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 5:diamond:

UTG raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $3

FLOP ($9.75) J:club: 5:spade: 4:heart:

[color=red]UTG bets $1.50, Hero ?
  • 3 replies
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Do you have specific reads that he folds a lot on 3bets? The more info you give if you post a hand the better it can be judged.

What is your plan preflop if he calls you?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w1z4rd,

Well, what do you think he is donking with? Do you make any better hand to fold with a raise?

Best Regards.
    • w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      Hi,

@lifethelife7 sorry I have no info on the villain,

@veriz it's been my personal experience that leads in 3bet pots are usually bluffs, or some hands with which the villain wants to get to a cheep showdown like 88-TT, judging by his sizing, another possibility would be that he wants to get some cheep cards to hit his hand if he has something like AK,AQ, I do not deny the possibility of a bet to induce. When I raise here i think he folds all these hands and continues with his induce range.

Outcome:
      I raise to 6,5$ and he clicks to 12$, looking back on that I have a tough time figuring out what range he has when he does this... since I think lead/call is a much better line and it gives me the opportunity to barrel off the turn and river. Nevertheless I folded, thinking that this is never some strange bluff he runs with AK/AQ.

Thank you,
      W1z